Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

Post#61 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:41 pm

Any news about SR2 is good :-)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#62 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:10 pm

Got a bit of info on Worms Blast (from the Wikipedia list of cancelled DC games). According to the dev I spoke with, they may have discussed a Dreamcast version but they never did any actual work on it. The game wasn't released until late 2002 so likely they would have scrapped plans for a Dreamcast version pretty quickly even if they had thought of it.

We might have discussed internally doing a dreamcast version, but we never got as far as doing an actual build for dreamcast, so it was never really seriously considered.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#63 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:14 pm

New info on Baldur's Gate from Mark Darrah (BioWare lead programmer on the PC version)!

It was rendering at a good frame rate but no ai or gameplay. Also the controls weren’t remotely figured out.

For those of you who are unaware, the Dreamcast version of the game was actually being ported by Sega themselves. It was intended to be one of the first online RPGs on the system. Sadly, it was cancelled a year after it was announced. I'm trying to see if I can find the reason for the cancellation. I'll update if I find out more.
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#64 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:09 am

Here's some info on UFC: Tapout. Unfortunately it was still in planning stages before cancellation so no Dreamcast version exists.

The planning for the DreamCast version of UFC TAP was well underway; the first UFC game sold very well, and of course, my own production was going to be mainly on Dreamcast.

I wrote the proposal, worked out the details of the contract with Anchor and the price, and was just about to get the contract signed. However, the president of Anchor at the time was a money-maker, and since UFC had received good reviews in the US, THQ approached me. They didn't tell us about it, and tried to get a lot of development money by weighing the two sides of the equation.

In the end, they ended up grabbing more than twice the amount of money from THQ for the UFC development that CRAVE had offered, and they ended up making a WWE game.

In other words, the development of the Dreamcast version of UFC TAPOUT was cancelled, and they took the project to Dreamfactory, which at the time was developing an Xbox title with Microsoft, so they decided to develop it on the Xbox while using that engine.
PSO Characters:

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#65 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:43 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Here's some info on UFC: Tapout. Unfortunately it was still in planning stages before cancellation so no Dreamcast version exists.

The planning for the DreamCast version of UFC TAP was well underway; the first UFC game sold very well, and of course, my own production was going to be mainly on Dreamcast.

I wrote the proposal, worked out the details of the contract with Anchor and the price, and was just about to get the contract signed. However, the president of Anchor at the time was a money-maker, and since UFC had received good reviews in the US, THQ approached me. They didn't tell us about it, and tried to get a lot of development money by weighing the two sides of the equation.

In the end, they ended up grabbing more than twice the amount of money from THQ for the UFC development that CRAVE had offered, and they ended up making a WWE game.

In other words, the development of the Dreamcast version of UFC TAPOUT was cancelled, and they took the project to Dreamfactory, which at the time was developing an Xbox title with Microsoft, so they decided to develop it on the Xbox while using that engine.

If youre talking to crave can you check what happened to waverunner? Pretty sure it was them who were supposed to release the dreamcast port.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#66 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:24 am

Got some info on Glover 2. A Dreamcast port was part of the plan had the N64 version been completed, but sadly it never was.

At Blitz we developed a cross-platform engine, BlitzTech and wrote everything on this. This made porting to different platforms cheaper and easier than normal. It was fairly easy to port from PSOne to Dreamcast… and we produced Glover (original) for PSOne and would have offered Hasbro a Dreamcast version.

However, Glover 2 was in development on N64 only. Had we managed to get close to completion, we would have offered a PSOne and Dreamcast version to Hasbro.

But we didn’t get far enough to pitch Glover 2 on those platfrom before the game was cancelled ☹

So I can confirm – NO Dreamcast work was done for Glover or Glover 2.

cloofoofoo wrote:If youre talking to crave can you check what happened to waverunner? Pretty sure it was them who were supposed to release the dreamcast port.

Yup, I'm sure Crave had quite a few games in the pipeline for Dreamcast. I'm trying to find out everything I can. :)
PSO Characters:

MisterSheeple
noob

Post#67 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:29 am

Why isn't Geist Force on this list?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#68 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:09 am

MisterSheeple wrote:Why isn't Geist Force on this list?

Because this list isn't for betas that have already leaked.
PSO Characters:

Leyenda03
shadow

Post#69 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:26 am

I would like to make a port of this PC game Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2 to dreamcast clear if possible

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#70 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:52 am

They just needed a bit more time I guess. Konami surely benefited from Microsofts(?) AoE2 DC experience while creating the PS2 port of it.

</offtopic>