What's a decent brand of S-video cables for the Dreamcast?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Neo-dreamer
dark night

What's a decent brand of S-video cables for the Dreamcast?

Post#1 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:20 pm

Due to the fact I can't afford the official ones, what is a better alternative brand. And I know some of you are going to say stick to VGA.

killer-elite
blackout!

Re: What's a decent brand of S-video cables for the Dreamcast?

Post#2 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:40 pm

Just get a Official VGA Box, it has a built in S-Video Out for it, you just need S-Video/VGA cables to connect out from the box...basically a 2/1 solution

Neo-dreamer
dark night

Post#3 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:19 pm

Okay thanks

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:34 pm

I can personally recommend the ones from Performance, easily found on ebay for $10 or less. For some reason the s video plug on them is yellow, but it is real s video and not composite, and the picture/sound quality is good as far as s video goes.

killer-elite wrote:Just get a Official VGA Box, it has a built in S-Video Out for it, you just need S-Video/VGA cables to connect out from the box...basically a 2/1 solution

He can't afford the official s video cables so you tell him to get the official vga box? :lol:

killer-elite
blackout!

Post#5 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:40 pm

Ragfish wrote:I can personally recommend the ones from Performance, easily found on ebay for $10 or less. For some reason the s video plug on them is yellow, but it is real s video and not composite, and the picture/sound quality is good as far as s video goes.

killer-elite wrote:Just get a Official VGA Box, it has a built in S-Video Out for it, you just need S-Video/VGA cables to connect out from the box...basically a 2/1 solution

He can't afford the official s video cables so you tell him to get the official vga box? :lol:

I dunno why he cant afford one or the other but you can find official s-video cables for about $50 and Official VGA boxes for about $90

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:50 am

What sorcery are those discount prices? Some yahoo yippy buyee Japanese auction thing?

killer-elite
blackout!

Post#7 » Thu May 19, 2022 12:00 pm

mistamontiel wrote:What sorcery are those discount prices? Some yahoo yippy buyee Japanese auction thing?

BINGO...eBay prices are rape, Yahoo JP Prices are king and those prices includes shipping to the USA

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Thu May 19, 2022 12:46 pm

One time I commissioned bhiner to get me taobao, now auctions sound much hairier than no fixed prices