A thank you to the forum and the dreamcast community

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Retro-45
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Trying them all

A thank you to the forum and the dreamcast community

Post by Retro-45 »

I’d like to start this off with I'm so glad I found this forum and the welcoming community. I cant express how much of an impact this site had on me for the past years. To making me more comfortable with being more social about hobby's (and in general conversation as well), online gameIng which I used to avoid like the plague, after my past experiences with newer games. And for opening a internet with learning the technical aspects of computers and the like.
I used to always kind of felt like a outcast regarding people in my generation and age range, when it came to hobby's, music, and internets. Until I found dreamcast then the site. I find it funny that my love for retro game and obscure video games would led me down this path to what I am today. Just a random forum about SEGA”s last home console, life sure is odd sometimes.

Thanks for the site and all the great people here I really appreciate it. And during hard times in personal life that left me stuck at home for almost a whole year of school. I don’t know what else to say. So here to more years of dreaming.

Sorry about the long, mess of a post such not used to writing things like this.
Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: A thank you to the forum and the dreamcast community

Post by Ian Micheal »

Your welcome where all famly here this is our home and hobbie :) one of the best real forums left on the inter webs that reminds me of times gone by back in 00's
dark
Shark Patrol

Post by dark »

No joke, getting back into the dreamcast helped me out of a bout of depression around 2010/2011. Its good stuff :lol:
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

I have bought many consoles since the Dreamcast but nothing impressed me being they lacked that innovation and character the Dreamcast possessed, even though the technology currently surpasses it over the decades. Sega really made an unique console that did so much more than anything before it and greatly raised the bar for all future consoles and game developers.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs