Most Wanted Cancelled Game?!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
MýnÆnglishTáwk
noob

Re: Most Wanted Cancelled Game?!

Post#11 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:47 pm

GTA3, Driver2, and Colin McRae Rally 2.0.

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#12 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:16 am

Gunvalkyrie

The control system would have been so cool on Dreamcast

beanboy
Wazza

Post#13 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:04 pm

The game that was supposed to be released on the dreamcast, and pissed gamers off, sometime in 2002, when it ended up on PS2, making them more disappointed and pissed, called Virtua Fighter 4. That was like, one of the heaviest hitting blows, to alot of sega and Virtua Fighter fans. :(

Soul Reaver 2 is another one.

Street Fighter EX 2 Plus

Daytona 2

Scud Racer :?

Outrun 2

Tekken 3.5 this was touted to be in development.

The gameplay of Tekken might not be great for alot of people, but I was curious to see Tekken 3.5 on dreamcast, with Soul Calibur styled graphics. Heck, it might have had a larger roster, of characters too. :)

F1 World Grand Prix 3 Online Edition. I forget to mention this one. Lol! There are so many cancelled games I could mention, but too much for me to write. :D
Last edited by beanboy on Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xaeroxcore
fire

Post#14 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:51 pm

beanboy wrote:The game that pissed gamers off, sometime in 2002 and ended up on PS2, making them more disappointed and pissed, called Virtua Fighter 4. That was like, one of the heaviest hitting blows, to alot of sega and Virtua Fighter fans.

Soul Reaver 2 is another one.

Street Fighter EX 2 Plus

Daytona 2

Scud Racer

Outrun 2 :?

Tekken 3.5 this was touted to be in development.

The gameplay of Tekken might not be great for alot of people, but I was curious to see Tekken 3.5 on dreamcast, with Soul Calibur styled graphics. Heck, it might have had a larger roster, of characters too. :o

Agree with you: Soul Reaver 2 and Virtua Fighter 4 on my top. But Soul Reaver exists as a confirmed beta, so there is a chance it gets leaked someday. For VF 4 there is probably nothing, may be they used DC as a base for make easier the transition to PS2...Who knows.

Didn´t know about SF EX 2 and Tekken 3.5...Please tell us more. Anyway, thanks to Bleemcast, we actually have on DC something sort of similar to Tekken 3.5, with beyond perfect emulation of Tekken 3, with better resolution, AA, all the content and great gameplay! The only handicap is it needs an entire memory card for its own to save the progress.

Other canceled games the i really want to see on DC and there is at least confirmed betas are:

Commandos 2

Gunvalkyrie

Max Payne (there is an old 1999 IGN video)

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#15 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:39 pm

Grand Prix 3 would be the Dreamcast's definitive F1 game. If only there was his source code out there it could be ported to the Dreamcast

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#16 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:08 pm

I can't decide between Agartha or a completed Half Life with all the issues ironed out such as loading, saving, etc..

Slurmking
lithium

Post#17 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:15 pm

One of my all time favorite games is Black and White from Lionhead and I am so sad the Dreamcast port was never finished.

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#18 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:46 pm

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:Grand Prix 3 would be the Dreamcast's definitive F1 game. If only there was his source code out there it could be ported to the Dreamcast

I love GP3 but just not as much as GP2. I was still uploading the mods for GP2 well into the 2000's.

Nick
noob

Post#19 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:35 pm

I just want Phantasy Star Online Episode 2 ported to the Dreamcast. Would it really be that hard to do? I have read that episode 4 is massive in terms of memory and would be impossible, but episode 2 seems likely no? If your going for physical media it would just have to be on a second disc so you would have to choose which episode you would like to play before starting the game, but ripping and converting files from the Gamecube over to the Dreamcast and compressing them for example might be hard to do huh. Even if episode 2 is offline only I will take it! I just want to see central control area and play seat of the heart. Someone got to do it!  ;)

Oh and Cel Damage as well. I was and still am shocked this never made its way to the Dreamcast! It has the exact same cel shading vibe as Jet Grind/Set Radio and it came out in 2001 so its got the same year/era vibes as well. Someone needs to port this over to the Deamcast ASAP! I don't even care if its compressed a bit and what not!

Also the original Monkey Ball, but I have also read it was just to powerful during the time. So it probably won't see the light of day.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#20 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:08 am

xaeroxcore wrote:Didn´t know about SF EX 2 and Tekken 3.5...Please tell us more.

Yeah, the news on those two games back then, were a bit of a surprise. Apparently, not many people knew about it. I'll give some info about them, in my next post in this topic.