Dreamcast Controllers, VMU Shells and Parts being made

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
killer-elite
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them

Dreamcast Controllers, VMU Shells and Parts being made

Post by killer-elite »

Follow this man on Twitter and show some support...He has custom molds of Dreamcast Controllers and VMU's with their parts as well... From the looks of it hes been at it for awhile refining the molds..hopefully one day we will see some stuff released

!!!!! UPDATE !!!!! The guy said on twitter that in two months time he should have stuff available for purchase, I cant wait to see what colors he will have made, this is definitely gonna be dope

https://twitter.com/Roarke84694999/stat ... 6324913155
Attachments
E8K9NS6VcAYyTML.jpg
Ema-busUYAAegV3.jpg
Ey7oJLDVcAAiLYI.jpg
Ey7oIakVgAMI1eQ.jpg
EoGibx0VQAA5rGQ.jpg
EoGibW-VoAAj-fQ.jpg
E9Fzu0XVoAMcFKh.jpg
E9Fzu0XVcAEuV20.jpg
E8SQaVoVcAc8tCn.jpg
E9GxUU_VIAkm5H3.jpg
E9GxUU_VIAgm0gi.jpg
E9GxUU_VcAYhssZ.jpg
EoGibB8UcAA1Vfv.jpg
EoDZDHUUcAA1CW0.jpg
EoDZCTfUUAAyVAw.jpg
EoDZCsuUUAEQUTQ.jpg
EoDZB6hVQAIvOkD.jpg
Last edited by killer-elite on Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Re: Dreamcast Controllers, VMU Shells and Parts being made

Post by Xiden »

Hes doing what retrobit cant seem to so :D
killer-elite
blackout!

Post by killer-elite »

Xiden wrote:Hes doing what retrobit cant seem to so :D
For real dude is a one man army...Kinda cool what one person with a talent can do...Can't wait cause this has been a long time coming !!!!!!!!!!
Dakangel
letterbomb

Post by Dakangel »

Maybe a title change to something more apropied like "Silicone mould & acrilic shell parts for dreamcast" because those are mostly a do it yourself tutorial and are plenty of those for this kind of technique.
killer-elite
blackout!

Post by killer-elite »

Dakangel wrote:Maybe a title change to something more apropied like "Silicone mould & acrilic shell parts for dreamcast" because those are mostly a do it yourself tutorial and are plenty of those for this kind of technique.
I guess but where else has something like this been even attempted besides shotty 3D Prints that looks terrible....Give this man credit where its due
Ragfish
St.Jimmy
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO
Quake 3
Chu Chu Rocket
AFO
NBA 2K2
NFL 2K2
WSB 2K2
Internet Game Pack
Pool

Post by Ragfish »

Xiden wrote:Hes doing what retrobit cant seem to so :D
Is it Q4 2019 yet?
SG6K
rebel

Post by SG6K »

This gentleman Roarke has been making incredible stuff for years but I was under the impression that his business was a small volume / boutique affair, mainly due to the meticulously handcrafted nature of it.
killer-elite
blackout!

Post by killer-elite »

SG6K wrote:This gentleman Roarke has been making incredible stuff for years but I was under the impression that his business was a small volume / boutique affair, mainly due to the meticulously handcrafted nature of it.
Everything you said is absolutely true, which makes it even more impressive, on his twitter he said he made some Dreamcast VMU parts for the Video Games New York website but from what I can tell all that stuff has long been sold/removed from the website... He also said the owner of VGNY has been encouraging him to make more stuff for the community
tenchi ryu
dark night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL of THEM.....thank god for free .cdi's online LOL

Post by tenchi ryu »

Wow now this got me interested
Maztr_0n
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Nothing Just Yet... But Likely 4x4 Evo will be First!

Post by Maztr_0n »

someday i hope that the possibility of making semi-new dreamcast systems can become a reality (basically using recycled parts whenever possible, but of course when needed new parts would be used) iirc the Game Gear got a new style motherboard? but perhaps that's too big a gap to be reasonable, i'm saying this because if sega was willing to give atgames the rights to dump a Genny Drive on a chip for 40$ at dollar general a few years ago, surely sega could see the opportunity in handing the rights to anyone crazy enough to do it properly with the DC!

i just wanna be able to go to some small dollar/convenience shop someday and just see dreamcast stuff there even if it would be mainly marketed as a CD player hehe
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||