Dreamcast most played games?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
ShreddieMercury
undertow

Re: Dreamcast most played games?

Post#21 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:49 am

I think for me it would be:

Virtua Tennis 2k2
Soul Calibur
Crazy Taxi
Jet Grind Radio
NHL 2k

Mapper
noob

Post#22 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:46 pm

1. Sonic Adventure 2
The only genuinely good all 3D Sonic game, even nearly two decades since release. GameCube version is better but this is just great fun.

2. Power Stone
Perfect arcade fighting nonsense.

3. Dead Or Alive 2
Not the best - or most revered - fighting series, but played this to death with friends as it was all we had and it’s a nostalgic favourite.

4. Skies Of Arcadia
First JRPG I ever played. Still my favourite JRPG. Again the GameCube version is better. That we still haven’t got a sequel (or remaster) is scandalous by SEGA.

5. House Of the Dead 2
The best arcade shooting game ever made. Hours can pass by in seconds.

6. Shenmue 1&2
They’re one big game so it’s not cheating. Just wonderful.

7. Crazy Taxi
Probably the best arcade game there’s ever been and a damn fine conversion.

8. Rez
As close to perfection as Tetsuya Mizuguchi is ever going to get. Nearly twenty years on its still captivating. Recent re-release is somehow even better. Would give my life savings for a Switch version to have it in the go.

9. Jet Set Radio
After NiGHTS, this is the best game SEGA have ever made. From the second you first play it you know it’s something wonderful and special.

10. Bangai-O
The best game Treasure have ever made and one of the most underrated video games there is. Sheer perfection from start to finish and still my second favourite game ever (Super Mario 64 takes the gold medal).

louis012345678
Doom

Post#23 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:00 pm

MSR...
That game is bloody massive

ShreddieMercury
undertow

Post#24 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 pm

Mapper wrote:1. Sonic Adventure 2
The only genuinely good all 3D Sonic game, even nearly two decades since release. GameCube version is better but this is just great fun.

2. Power Stone
Perfect arcade fighting nonsense.

3. Dead Or Alive 2
Not the best - or most revered - fighting series, but played this to death with friends as it was all we had and it’s a nostalgic favourite.

4. Skies Of Arcadia
First JRPG I ever played. Still my favourite JRPG. Again the GameCube version is better. That we still haven’t got a sequel (or remaster) is scandalous by SEGA.

5. House Of the Dead 2
The best arcade shooting game ever made. Hours can pass by in seconds.

6. Shenmue 1&2
They’re one big game so it’s not cheating. Just wonderful.

7. Crazy Taxi
Probably the best arcade game there’s ever been and a damn fine conversion.

8. Rez
As close to perfection as Tetsuya Mizuguchi is ever going to get. Nearly twenty years on its still captivating. Recent re-release is somehow even better. Would give my life savings for a Switch version to have it in the go.

9. Jet Set Radio
After NiGHTS, this is the best game SEGA have ever made. From the second you first play it you know it’s something wonderful and special.

10. Bangai-O
The best game Treasure have ever made and one of the most underrated video games there is. Sheer perfection from start to finish and still my second favourite game ever (Super Mario 64 takes the gold medal).

Awesome list!! Jet Set Radio is my personal favorite game of all time. Never played HotD2 because I don't own a light gun and no longer have a CRT, but would kill for some way to play those games again.

Bangai-O I've played a bit of and really liked, but I wish it worked via VGA because I have my DC going through an HDMI adapter now. Same for Hydro Thunder.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#25 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:16 am

louis012345678 wrote:MSR...
That game is bloody massive

completely forgot about Metropolis Street Racer
definitely played a lot also this one back in the day

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#26 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:20 am

Moefoh only plays one Dreamcast game...

Pro Pinball Trilogy :o
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski