Dead or alive 2 Limited Edition

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Re: Dead or alive 2 Limited Edition

Post#11 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:30 pm

This version also has higher polygonal count on characters.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#12 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:06 pm

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:This version also has higher polygonal count on characters.

After reading that, I'm going to do some research, and see how much more polys, were added to the characters.
Last edited by beanboy on Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#13 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:58 am

You can do this ? Wouah :)

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#14 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:27 am

beanboy wrote:

After reading that, I'm going to do some research, and see how much more polys, were added to the characters.

It's more or less this:

[img]
Screenshot_20211229-082544.png
[/img]
Attachments
Screenshot_20211229-082544.png
Last edited by Ryo_Hazuki on Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#15 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:39 am

beanboy wrote:

Thats only the kazumi character. Her costume 1 was updated using the enhanced ps2 model( pony tail up vs naomi braided hair original).

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#16 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:43 am

cloofoofoo wrote:
beanboy wrote:

Thats only the kazumi character. Her costume 1 was updated using the enhanced ps2 model( pony tail up vs naomi braided hair original).

Yea! See which arms have more polygons.

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Post#17 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:06 am

cloofoofoo wrote:
beanboy wrote:

Not only Kasumi's C1 costume, the new costumes are higher poly and more detailed than the originals, also the stages are bigger with new levels inside levels like the dragon shrine In the dragon hills.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#18 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:10 am

Esppiral wrote:
cloofoofoo wrote:
beanboy wrote:After reading that, I'm going to do some research, and see how much more polys, were added to the characters.

Not only Kasumi's C1 costume, the new costumes are higher poly and more detailed than the originals, also the stages are bigger with new levels inside levels like the dragon shrine In the dragon hills.

Yes iam aware, thats because alot of those costumes didnt exist until the first version of doa 2 ps2 . Then not all stages were transferred but yes 2 to 3 stages were expanded. I played extremely thoroughly.

DreamcastFreak
lithium

Post#19 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:14 am

The original version is 60fps just like LE. You can also see the uncut intro on the OG version. LE is most asuredly the best version on DC, though

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#20 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:10 am

Great Collection right here.

https://archive.org/details/cdi-dead-or ... ang-nugget

Dreamcast Version of Hard*Core right here.

https://archive.org/details/cdi-dead-or ... to-56-2023

Play The Best Today.