Win a Dreamcast Game! Create a Thanksgiving-themed Visual Chat with PSO for Your Chance to Win!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nz17
St.Jimmy

Win a Dreamcast Game! Create a Thanksgiving-themed Visual Chat with PSO for Your Chance to Win!

Post#1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:59 am

Prizes:
Choose either one copy of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for SEGA Dreamcast or one copy of Quake III Arena for SEGA Dreamcast.

How:
Design a Thanksgiving-themed Visual Chat image using Phantasy Star Online (any ver. for Dreamcast) and post it in this thread.

When:
By 2021-Nov-30 at 23:59:59 Mountain Time (UTC-0700).

What:
Simply create a PSO Visual Chat with the theme of "Thanksgiving." For example, it could be an image of a turkey or a pilgrim's hat or cranberries or a pumpkin or a pecan pie or a cornucopia.

Guidelines:
Please post image submissions here at this thread at the DC Talk message board. Submitted imagery can be either a screenshot using a Dreamcast controller with a blank VMU in port D, a screen capture using something like an El Gato capture card, a photograph using a camera phone or a regular camera, or a video such as a cool time-lapse of the Visual Chat being created.

Total Submissions:
Two submissions are allowed per person - be creative, be artistic!

Judging:
I, Nz17, will pick the winner at my sole discretion some time after the deadline. Criteria when judging will include theme-appropriateness, creativity, artistic merit, intricacy of design, and more. The winner will be announced here in this thread. The winner will be notified by P.M. The winner's chosen prize will be mailed some time during December 2021.

I wish good fortune to all! Now get drawing! Perhaps you will be the one whom serendipity chooses!

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Re: Win a Dreamcast Game! Create a Thanksgiving-themed Visual Chat with PSO for Your Chance to Win!

Post#2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Hungry pilgrim...
pilgrim.JPG

Nervous turkey!
turkey.JPG

It's a story in 2 parts!

The limit on how many objects you're allowed to put down made this a challenge (both of these are at the maximum), but I'm still happy with what I've made.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Re: Win a Dreamcast Game! Create a Thanksgiving-themed Visual Chat with PSO for Your Chance to Win!

Post#3 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:19 pm

RF: Nice!

Everyone: There is still one more day left for your art submissions. Please send them soon if you are going to send them!

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Last chance!

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#5 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:50 pm

What a cool giveaway! I wish I had seen this earlier just to check if I can make something. I don't need the games or anything, but just for the fun of it.

If you make something similar for christmas I'll be looking for it.I asume the participation was no that big consiering that thanksgiving is not an international celebration, maybe for another holiday we can make something similar, I could even help with the giveaway too, but as I'm living in Chile the best option for me could be a virtual prize, like a code for steam (the dreamcast games on steam could be a good option).

About this cometition itself: the turkey fearing for his life is great, loved it.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#6 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:57 am

It's a shame nobody else entered, I thought this was a fun contest. As mentioned above, it might have had something to do with thanksgiving being mostly an american thing, since I know a big portion of people here are from europe or elsewhere

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#7 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Is the prize still good, or is this contest just done for?

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#8 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:06 pm

Man I wish I wasn't so busy with work that I missed this contest :cry: . Congrats to the winner!
John 3:16

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#9 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:28 am

1) Everyone, you have asked so you will receive! Here is the Christmas-themed Visual Chat with PSO compo. that you asked for! I hope that you all will try to win this one!

2) Congrats, R.F.! You won! Please pick your prize: either THPS or Q3A for SEGA Dreamcast. Let me know via P.M. The game will be sent during the next few weeks.