Night of the blood beast Dreamcast XVID 5 Retro video player On sync almost there :) Be out full movie for Halloween

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ian Micheal
Developer

Night of the blood beast Dreamcast XVID 5 Retro video player On sync almost there :) Be out full movie for Halloween

Post#1 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:06 pm

Fit 3 to 4 movies on one disk retro style vhs quality Plays any size video movies are about 212 mb per movie

Full movie to watch on your dreamcast on Halloween :)
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Night of the blood beast Dreamcast XVID 5 Retro video player On sync almost there :) Be out full movie for Hallowee

Post#2 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:49 am

I know a man with good taste in movies when I see one ;) ;) 8-)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Night of the blood beast Dreamcast XVID 5 Retro video player On sync almost there :) Be out full movie for Hallowee

Post#3 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:53 pm

It did not happen with the change over to my new ssd i lost the dam versions and src and are many rev's back I'm just as annoyed as you are all i can do is say sorry

I had trouble with a fake ssd i had to get refund on which is how i lost things i cloned it all to it and it broke..

but i have every thing backed up about 1 month ago.. back to the drawing board

But here is Rev just before the trouble i had ....I got sync to work coded av sound sync but it still has problems here it is as promised Xvid selfboot cdi still sound problems now and then but it clears up it's self

First Xvid player with av sync it will try to stay in sync and if it gets out it will clear up in little bit most of the time it's fine :)

TapamN SQ using DMA Dreamhal fast div not perfect let me tell you but here is the selfboot cdi for Halloween:)

Not tested on gdemu only a cdr so that may help or hurt plays perfect on dc emulators if you want to use it that way

Download
https://mega.nz/file/zqQiXJDB#5B7RyLMKh ... PThJbaiaRY

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:42 pm

Playing on demul dreamcast emulator it plays perfect on emulator almost got it on hardware but still work to go :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:32 pm

Well I optimized the mp3 lib decoding and have got it tons better very happy with that sqrt was very slow i started using the same one from quake 1 and sync is much better i found that by profiling the mpg123 lib was the slowest part of it :)

Then even better i used MATH_Fast_Invert from Dreamhal :)

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#6 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:13 am

Hahaha you are in the league Ian, even with your terrible incident with the ssd drive you manage to re code a great video player.
Btw the original "night of the living dead" movie is in public domain if you want to officialy release it on Dreamcast.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:32 am

Dakangel wrote:Hahaha you are in the league Ian, even with your terrible incident with the ssd drive you manage to re code a great video player.
Btw the original "night of the living dead" movie is in public domain if you want to officialy release it on Dreamcast.

Thanks mate next version will be better on hardware then this Just crazy amount of testing with any A/v sync and speed ..

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:57 pm

bump