What's the worst Dreamcast game?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: What's the worst Dreamcast game?

Post#11 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:46 pm

There bad but i have played worst lol I kind of like the ring lol and sos

Holsten
brutal

Post#12 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:30 am

Toyracer is complete garbage
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 am

Holsten wrote:Toyracer is complete garbage

Did you know why and what it was sold for

Toy Racer is the sequel to Toy Commander. It was developed by No Cliché, published by Sega and only released in Europe for a budget price of £5 (where £1 of this would go to charity). It was marketed as being an online game, and as a result has no AI players to race against in single-player mode.

Was charity title and not full cost

A percentage of the game's sales were given to various children's charities across Europe.

In the UK £50,000 was raised for the ELSPA Entertainment Software Charity[8]. Jean-Pierre Papin's Neuf de coeur (Nine of Hearts) foundation received 90,000 Francs from French sales[9], where 10FF of the 69FF price was given to the charity[6]. In Germany and Austria three Deutsche Marks from every game was donated to Herzenswünsche e.V. (Heart Wish)[5] and Saint Anna Children's Hospital in Vienna[4] respectively.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#14 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:09 am

Well if you have to include the jap games, you must have tons of dating games.. I can recall of Rune caster as « RPG » which is the worst game I’ve ever launched on that console…

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#15 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:53 am

Sports Jam - See too much off the menus and loading screens then you do off the games. Sure this was designed as quick fun fast pace title with no extras at all hurts this badly. I feel this would had benefited just making all the sports all Full Gameplay. Didn't like the announcer no matter how many polygons he had but liked the music though.

WWF Royal Rumble - Naomi built up wrestling game with up to nine wrestlers onscreen. We all know this story by now why oh why couldn't we have gotten our Smackdown or No Mercy out off this one? Shocking was acceptable to have little roster when meant to have least over 30 superstars period! No playable Divas come on!

Headhunter - Not the worst no just needed way more polish around few places. I've beaten this many times it is a great experience not rushing to replay again today.

Space Channel 5 - Awful button pushing controls at all more like what controls? Who Tested This? Made this a 3D Platformer instead I would have fully enjoyed this.

Snow Surfers - Cool Boarders on the PS1 was fun. This felt like was being punished for no reason at all. I liked the music the characters not the levels they designed with the trick system.

Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionaire - Couldn't believe such a game existed on the Dreamcast. Left on the PS1.

Looney Tunes Space Race - Demo was fun but the full game was a junk racer. Cut Scenes aside with Lola Bunny.

Slave Zero - Played up too five minutes.

Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear - Rushed PC Ports.

Evil Dead Hail To The King - Bad Deadites kept on respawning no Resident Evil sadly.

Dino Crisis - Bad Port with No VGA Support! Okay even with the VGA enabled the lighting not good at all! Wish there was subtitles. Why wasn't the sequel ever ported.

Fighting Force 2 - Not good enough. The first one was great action 3D beat em up this went backwards.

Pop N Music - Left This At The Arcades.

Absurd
undertow

Post#16 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Cool Boarders Burrrn! AKA Snow Surfers is the tits! Great courses, good sensation of speed (in the NTSC releases) and great sound. Stick with it, it really is a fun game.

Mortal Kombat Gold though, man, now there's a turd. Sub PlayStation graphics, awful colision detecttion, no weight to the characters, shitty audio. It makes War Gods on the Ultra 64 look like a masterpiece!

Stewcumber
rebel

Post#17 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:39 am

My first post in years (after digging out the DC and will try to get online later) but for me it's got to be Spirit of Speed 1937. I've tried it a few times over the years but can only manage one or two races.

Woodneeded
undertow

Post#18 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Looney Tunes Space Race - Demo was fun but the full game was a junk racer. Cut Scenes aside with Lola Bunny.

Damn this on listed really hurts. I liked space race on the DC had a decent amount of depth and unlockables. I found the racing to be fun maybe a tad easy but fair to the player.
Contrasting with a game like wacky races which has a ton of fluff added to the game and seems unnecessarily unfair to the player and unfun game modes that to me ruined what was a nice initial experience

SolidSonicTH
dark night

Post#19 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:47 pm

I have a pretty severe distaste for Test Drive 6, although I wouldn't be surprised if there's worse.

That Spirit of Speed game is notoriously bad, for instance.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#20 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:11 pm

Sonic Shuffle pains me. I have a more meaningful and entertaining experience at the gasoline pump interface.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.