What's the worst Dreamcast game?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Cherry
noob

Re: What's the worst Dreamcast game?

Post#31 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:48 am

Neo Golden Logres

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Post#32 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:06 am

Londinium wrote:What's the worst Dreamcast game? What's so god-awful that it physically revolts your console when you insert the disc, no, even talk about the game?

Every single lazy PSX port, it is sad how little many devs cared when porting to the last sega console.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:06 am

V82 I remember trying PS1 splitscreen with my boy and that framerate was atrocious

Dreamcast nails it yet they fucking oversighted the victory+defeat quotes @ match ends.. so I think Star Wars Demolition did jus this too plays back nothing

djhazardous
lithium

Post#34 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:29 pm

Demolition Racer is a drastically inferior copy of Destruction Derby 2. The physics are a complete joke and the speed of the cars looks about 2x higher than it should be. I seemed to remember it getting good reviews in some places too.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#35 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:58 pm

DD2 is such a real treat to me childhood from Office Depot computer PC version n then I noticed it's a PS1 banger too and can play+have the juicy band soundtrack anythang that span disc. Cheers for taking me back a few hazard

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#36 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:28 am

djhazardous wrote:Demolition Racer is a drastically inferior copy of Destruction Derby 2. The physics are a complete joke and the speed of the cars looks about 2x higher than it should be. I seemed to remember it getting good reviews in some places too.

Admittedly I only played a demo version of Destruction Derby 2 on either Dos or Windows way back when it was a new game, but I remember being extremely disappointed by it, way inferior compared to the first game.

The visible car damage was way more primitive in DD2 (an extreme disappointment as a little kid), and it just felt way more dull and boring compared to the first game.

Having played and beaten Demolition Racer, I definitely enjoyed that more than DD2, tho I still prefer DD1.

Swankenstein
noob

Post#37 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:57 am

I don't know about worst but every op shop near me was filled with copies of Ready 2 Rumble when the Dreamcast had finished it's shelf life. I guess that just means it either sold very well when new or not at all when second hand.

Londinium
dirty sailor

Post#38 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:56 pm

I mean, Ready 2 Rumble was one of the Sega All Stars games, which were some of the bestsellers on the Dreamcast...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

mrazjennie
noob

Post#39 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Blue Stinger. Young me simply had to have it on release day because it was a North American release title and it looked so cool in the pictures.
But there are poor button responses, poorly animated characters, and no obvious instructions for what to do. I almost immediately traded it in. geometry dash

Lake
shadow

Post#40 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:54 pm

As mentioned several times already, back in the day Spirit of Speed 1937 was something of the champ.

Speaking of champs, Championship Surfer is pretty wild too.

There's a lot of shitty DC games I have yet to try though...