Yellowest Dreamcast of All Time?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Yellowest Dreamcast of All Time?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:42 am

Just spotted this on eBay. I never thought I'd say this about a badly sun-yellowed Dreamcast but it actually looks pretty sweet. :lol: I almost thought it might be a limited edition Dreamcast before I examined it closer. I've seen some yellowed Dreamcasts in my time but this one takes it to a whole new level.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/334186065075 ... 632-2357-0

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Londinium
dirty sailor

Re: Yellowest Dreamcast of All Time?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:07 am

It hurts to look at, but I can't take my eyes off it
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:50 pm

You got the bad side the left side looks like fucking authentic genuine yellow paint!

Lister calls this, yellow-ish!? tis ze most baffler understatement yet!!! xP

fraggle200
chill

Post#4 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 pm

like I said on twitter. can't make up my mind if it's sun or smoke damage but now looking at it again on a monitor there's a very subtle fade on it.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:49 am

I think it is funny that the modem did not yellow out like the rest of the Dreamcast.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#6 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:03 am

The seller described it as a "sunburn"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

streeker
fragger

Post#7 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:02 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:I think it is funny that the modem did not yellow out like the rest of the Dreamcast.

The "Open" button on the right also looks fine, while the "Power" button on the left is all yellow. Weird.

Londinium
dirty sailor

Post#8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:02 am

streeker wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:I think it is funny that the modem did not yellow out like the rest of the Dreamcast.

The "Open" button on the right also looks fine, while the "Power" button on the left is all yellow. Weird.

It's probably due to the position the sun shone on the Dreamcast, the left side probably saw more sunlight than the right, explaining the open button and modem not being as yellow compared to the rest
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Xiden
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:26 am

That would make a good retrobrite video haha

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Post#10 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:55 am

I never had a console yellowing, but it seems it is pretty common, any conditions under were it gets yellow?