This is nuts! Sega Smash Pack Game (Genesis)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
MoeFoh
Uber

This is nuts! Sega Smash Pack Game (Genesis)

Post#1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:52 pm

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: This is nuts! Sega Smash Pack Game (Genesis)

Post#2 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Haha yeah, I read about this years ago and its certainly an interesting story in the dreamcast's history! :lol:

So regarding the message, what do you think it is that the guy is referring to when he says "Sony just doesn't get it". Does he mean that Sony's system/games don't have the same spirit or personality sega's did?

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#3 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:28 am

it could be considered as a last Sega attempt to keep the flame alive

looking at that nowadays, the start of the Dreamcast second life :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:31 am

Pity how crap the emulator is compared to TapmN's upgrade of gens4all if more work was put into maybe it would show something other then the dreamcast not good enff to run a genesis emulator i always hated the smash pack it's one of the worst things releases retail for the dreamcast makes at@games look good..

IMHO

If you have forgot how crap this thing is

Compared to my update of gens4all TapmN is doing a better job

The story is very cool just not the smashpak it's self the genesis part is real turd..

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#5 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:24 pm

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:19 pm

Based in the same thing also sounds like at@games in acid..

If you want hear great sound go take a look at TapmN progress 60fps perfect sync and sound

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#7 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:

Based in the same thing also sounds like at@games in acid..

If you want hear great sound go take a look at TapmN progress 60fps perfect sync and sound

Is there a TapmN link? That name is new to me.
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:49 pm

WedgeStratos wrote:I am currently going through a TOSEC full-set to apply only the games that work with this emulator. A number of issues exist, particularly with raster graphics, so there are NO racing games that work, and it causes graphical issues in a number of games like Ecco or Comix Zone. With that said?

https://mega.nz/file/Znh1gI5Z#aLtLdC4fW ... 6IJwRtbZ7s

Gens4SSP: The Sega Smash Pack Stand-In

This uses a rebuilt ELF provided by Ian Michael (thanks m8) and contains 18 games collected from the 5 separate Sega Smash Pack releases across PC, Dreamcast and GBA, plus stand-ins for the games that don't work.

► Show Spoiler

This has only been tested via Demul and Redream in emulation, and via GDemu on retail hardware, so I cannot be held liable for excess coasters.

Again, I am testing the TOSEC for valid games. It will be a few days, but I have already completed everything from A-E in the games offered in the US NTSC catalog. A game has to be playable with no major graphical defects that hinder the experience, as well as not having sound issues.

Here's a list of just some of the games that have failed, and how they have failed on me in testing.

► Show Spoiler

I have only just started, but I must work in the morning, so please enjoy the current... "demo" we'll say.

We can forgot this smash thing pack every happen and use the above the sound is amazing speed is amazing

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#10 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:18 pm

This GEN emulator looks promising. Thanks for keeping the archive information around. I'm a big fan of video game preservation.
- Charles Bukowski