NFL2k series roster file

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: NFL2k series roster file

Post#71 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:37 am

AgentMomo wrote:Yeah I remember finding this stuff when i was using GDI REBUILDER , I was going to delete all the news and photos so they were basically just numbered players lol also remove the audio track that contains the answers saying the names .

you would need to remove all the player names in the R2000.IFF file, then find each players character data in hex and the section for jersey number (change value to whatever), then remove audio tracks that mention players names, then remove any references to player names in bios, then do the same for the splash screens in game gfx etc. it would actually be alot of work to do. it might be best to try this mod with a starting offense or defense on one team. (or mod one player)

instead of removing files, etc. you might need to dummy files (0 bytes) and possibly remove any string that references the files in hex because the game might crash when trying to load the file. also if you remove any text you would need to not cut the section, instead just write 0's over those sections. this is not always the case but usually it is.

in the future if a group of people actually decide to mod rosters in the game this mod that you want to do could help in finding sections in the 1st_read (or w/e main.bin) that reference player bios, names, etc. mapping the character hex data, and sound files.

run a memory editor when you are using nulldc, demul, or w/e emulator and change values of the character data so you can find the exact section for jersey numbers. the only reason i stumbled upon it was when changing values of the character data, it changed the jersey number of Mike Gruttadauria from 60 to 05.

the character proportions can go a bit bigger, but not much more. if you modded the entire game with the character proportions past limit, you would not even be able to see anything on screen except garbled jerseys and glitchy chaos lol. it would be cool to find the best proportions for huge players that are not glitchy and tiny players that are not glitchy.

Mike Gruttadauria jersey # 60
Mike Gruttadauria jersey # 05

nfl2k,2k1,2k2, ncaa all follow the same file formats. (for the most part)
nba2k,2k1,2k2 & nhl2k,2k2 use different file formats. (some are the same)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#72 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:13 am

Mapped out some of it.
There is more to find for sure.
Character stat values here too idk?
Jersey number changes when values go past limit? (can't find the exact location)

Character Proportions:

1. Body Type 1
2. Height
3. Leg Size
4. Arm Size
5. Body Type 2
6. Body Type 3

Character Proportions at value of 01

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#73 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:36 am

if any is good with textures, models etc.
can you give me an idea of the differences between the stadium files?

I would love to see the Dallas Cowboys play @ OU Sooners Owen Field.
:)

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#74 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:15 am

So it seems the user "latiasfan2004" on GameFAQS has been updating NBA 2k2 right up to March 2024!! Maybe get in touch with them and ask how they're updating rosters?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/dreamcast ... -2k2/saves
aka DavidHK on DC games.