NFL2k series roster file

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Woodneeded
undertow

Re: NFL2k series roster file

Post#61 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:09 am

To ask another question in the original NFL 2k and all the NBA 2k games they're teams that can only be unlocked by cheat code. I was wondering if anyone has messed with these teams before. I was specifically think about being able to put the players in the Free agency pool to spice up franchise and season mode play.

JKD32332
rebel

Post#62 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:47 pm

SMiTH wrote:
JKD32332 wrote:So, despite the NBA 2K series doing the rosters differently than the NFL 2K series, is there anyway to access the player character data in NBA 2K like you did for NFL 2K?

possibly?
so, if you searched the hex data of the files for nba 2k series games and you find data that looks similar to that of the character data in nfl2k series games then you might find it. (find hex data that looks similar in structure to what the nfl2k character data looks like etc)

i bet that the character data is similar for all of the 2k games on dc.
the only thing that seems to be different is roster and file formats.
but, i haven't tried to mod nba2k series games so this is all bs hypothetical theories.

nfl2k series character data is similar in structure to character data that i used to view in hex for pso. this is how i stumbled into finding the data (then after editing the data it caused the character proportions to change etc) <---so this proved what it was.
i'm not saying that this means it will be easy to find character data in other games, but it seems that the data is similar at least to me idk?

as for texture editing, outside of swapping textures... im not good at this at all.
(i.e patching files with correct header, crc or whatever it might be to make a modded texture load etc. idk) <---who knows?
unless some1 explains it or w/e then no i can't magically figure that out on my own.
idk any of these: asm, encryptions, coding.
all i can do is use a hex editor so anything else is way over my head.

i think in the past, i had spoken to you about modding 2k games for dc.
i don't remember what advice i gave you.
but basically anything can be done, its just whether or not you want to spend the time.

hope this helps?
good luck.

Whew, that was a lot to take in haha. I just had some hope that we can change player positions and edit their gear numbers in case I want to trade them to another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#63 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:35 pm

JKD32332 wrote:I just had some hope that we can change player positions and edit their gear numbers in case I want to trade them to another team.

Too late, the trade deadline has hit!...lol!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#64 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:36 am

Any update on this?
aka DavidHK on DC games.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#65 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:02 pm

dave_van_damn wrote:Any update on this?

thanks to megavolt showing howto make data/data iso.
i learned a few things
i guess its been a year lol.
posted @ a few football modding communities to get interest last year.
never got a response..

the character data and roster data is all there for some1 to mod.
for me its done.
need others to pick up the project.
its not a mod that i can do on my own.

there are issues with save editing due to crc not actually being fixed or something else.

if i did a mod for the game, it would be a character proportion edit.
all mini, or all huge.
but, idk if i will even bother.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#66 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:19 pm

SMiTH wrote:
dave_van_damn wrote:Any update on this?

thanks to megavolt showing howto make data/data iso.
i learned a few things
i guess its been a year lol.
posted @ a few football modding communities to get interest last year.
never got a response..

the character data and roster data is all there for some1 to mod.
for me its done.
need others to pick up the project.
its not a mod that i can do on my own.

there are issues with save editing due to crc not actually being fixed or something else.

if i did a mod for the game, it would be a character proportion edit.
all mini, or all huge.
but, idk if i will even bother.

Thanks for taking a look at it. Maybe what you did will push someone else to go further. New rosters would be dope

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#67 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:14 pm

Hey wow I would love to change all the players to being at least nameless players with just a number kinda like how genesis was.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#68 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:29 pm

AgentMomo wrote:Hey wow I would love to change all the players to being at least nameless players with just a number kinda like how genesis was.

The jersey numbers are in the character data along with character proportions and possibly more.
I was going to map out each value but kinda lost interest.
Some1 could map all of it in probably 5 minutes if they wanted to.
Here is what the character data looks like.

you can view the data in memory while running the game in an emulator.
just target the emulator exe and then find the character data and change values.
the examples above are the view using hex editor, not memory editor. (but the data looks the same in each)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#69 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:13 pm

If some1 could look at the stadium files from ncaa and nfl2k1 and see if there are differences in the format maybe different headers? I never checked for a simple change in the files..but, it would be great to patch the stadium files to work on different versions. When you swap stadiums it causes a glitch where the ball is always on the 50 yard line. (MAYBE THE STADIUMS CAN BE PATCHED TO WORK?) The mod that I always wanted to do was college stadiums swapped with nfl stadiums. It would be awesome to have a pro team playing on a division 2 or 3 college stadium.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#70 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:05 am

SMiTH wrote:
AgentMomo wrote:Hey wow I would love to change all the players to being at least nameless players with just a number kinda like how genesis was.

The jersey numbers are in the character data along with character proportions and possibly more.
I was going to map out each value but kinda lost interest.
Some1 could map all of it in probably 5 minutes if they wanted to.
Here is what the character data looks like.

you can view the data in memory while running the game in an emulator.
just target the emulator exe and then find the character data and change values.
the examples above are the view using hex editor, not memory editor. (but the data looks the same in each)

Yeah I remember finding this stuff when i was using GDI REBUILDER , I was going to delete all the news and photos so they were basically just numbered players lol also remove the audio track that contains the answers saying the names .