What's cooking - is something going to drop?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mstar
Doom

Re: What's cooking - is something going to drop?

Post#21 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:49 pm

Duh, sure - missing the obvious here - *facepalm* nothing to see here, please move along...

Speaking on-topic: I'm excited for what's cooking :D

beanboy
Wazza

Post#22 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:50 pm

dark wrote:Dee Dee Planet would be amazing. Sega of America had a room (as of 2008) in which they stored old games and discs, including final copies and pre-final copies. They uploaded images to their flickr, which you can look through here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/segaameri ... 602243465/

Here's a zoomed in version of one of the photos that shows a jewelcase with "Dee Dee Planet" on the spine. So presumably, there is at least one disc of Dee Dee Planet that still existed as of 2008... and it was in Sega of America's archive room. Maybe they can release it on a dreamcast mini one day like Star Fox 2.

dee dee planet.jpg

Deth Crimson?
I always loved how the Japanese mis-spell some words. It ends up being iconic over time. :D

Anyway, I've heard a bit about this Dee Dee Planet. It sounds like an interesting game.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#23 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:56 pm

Nice spelling observation, people! BTW, I can't read or write in Japanese, so all things considered, I'm fine with it as I would agree it is most likely from SOJ. I am so grateful that something big, like UT online is happening (no, I do not think it is UT related).

Thanx to PCwzrd13 for being part of yet another Dreamcast epic moment. It comes at a good time as I was starting to think we finally hit a wall in "Dreamcast happenings"! I just hope the package makes it to it's destination.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#24 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:52 am

NeORomani
lithium

Post#25 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:50 am

I'm bracing myself right now

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#26 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:25 pm

Man E3 and Dreamcast news at the same time, what a time to be alive.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#27 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Hmmmm.... Wonder what this could be? ;)

DDP.jpg
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#28 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:11 pm

Dee Dee planet ?!?

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#29 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:19 pm

holy moly I really did not expect Dee Dee Planet :lol: Being a 20 year old piece of burned media, hope it still runs/can be ripped and backed up! Very interested to see what happens with this.

Its unlikely, but I suppose it could maybe be DoDonpachi, the much revered space shooter game. That is also frequently abbreviated as DDP and DoDonpachi Daioujou was released in the early 2000s in arcades and as a PS2 port. It was never announced or previewed for dreamcast though... so probably unlikely.

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#30 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:25 pm

You legend PCWZRD! - fingers crossed we can get to enjoy this online?

Return to “Lounge”