Ninja.zip (Scud Race) ninja sample example code - some1 wanna compile?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Ninja.zip (Scud Race) ninja sample example code - some1 wanna compile?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:28 pm

Here are the scud race demo/sample files from katana sdk r2.
afaik it is written for set2 or set4? :?
maybe some1 can compile it and build a cdi?

Code: Select all

drive2       Demonstration: two cars swerving on
             a low bridge.  This demonstration
             has multiple light sources and
             effects, which can be enabled
             interactively.

scud         Demonstration: Scud Race world
             model.  Press the Z key to begin
             spinning around the track.  Z
             key again allows you to fly around
             the world with the arrow keys.

<Key Operation for DRIVE2 demo>

The operations is done using keyboard.
The key operation for DRIVE2 demo is as follows:

h: Help

0: Sun light
1: Neon light (lights only on a car)
2: Light of the bottom part of the head light of a car
3-6: Street lamp
7: Head Light (F40)
8: Head Light (Porsche)
9: Sunset

a: Turns on all Lights
c: Changes the light attribute (NORMAL->SIMPLE->BLOCK)
e: Changes the neon color
F: Fog effect ON/OFF
f: Changes the fog brightness (color)
H: Head light ON/OFF
L: Changes the head light color
l: Changes the color of the street lamp
M: Adds/Deletes a Porsche model (only one)
n: Turns on all lights except for neons
s: Converts model drawing routines (high speed drawing but luminance light only)
v: Converts view point

[ESC]: Exit
Attachments
Ninja.rar
(11.49 MiB) Downloaded 394 times

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Ninja.zip (Scud Race) ninja sample example code - some1 wanna compile?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:59 pm

Seeing as how those 2 car models are already in Dreamcast friendly format with .PVR textures would be cool if Daytona could have them modded into the game. What with all these awesome new model hacks that people are talking about one wonders how feasible it could be to mod that game and who knows, maybe port the tracks into it and the cars from the Model 3 game? I am dead serious, I think if we can make use of those new tools at our disposal maybe something could be achieved close enough to the Scud Race game we always wanted on DC?

@ClooFoo What say you? Can you compare these 2 car models to ones in Daytona USA and see where we sit as far as potentially modding those 2 car in? Just at the theoretical level? Obviously enough reverse engineering of the game would have to be performed as far as opening file formats and rebuilding as well.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#3 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:05 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Seeing as how those 2 car models are already in Dreamcast friendly format with .PVR textures would be cool if Daytona could have them modded into the game. What with all these awesome new model hacks that people are talking about one wonders how feasible it could be to mod that game and who knows, maybe port the tracks into it and the cars from the Model 3 game? I am dead serious, I think if we can make use of those new tools at our disposal maybe something could be achieved close enough to the Scud Race game we always wanted on DC?

@ClooFoo What say you? Can you compare these 2 car models to ones in Daytona USA and see where we sit as far as potentially modding those 2 car in? Just at the theoretical level? Obviously enough reverse engineering of the game would have to be performed as far as opening file formats and rebuilding as well.

Can we fit them into sega gt also?

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 pm

scud race could be converted similar to what mrneo did with futuristic city demo.
but it requires alot of work since it is early sdk using set4 or set2? not sh4?
idk :?

the f40.bin sample works in emulators.
the sample is found on almost every sdk. (its even on the gd check disk)
it might work on real hardware?
every time i have tried i get black screen.
it could be only for 45000 lba?
currently i have it at 11702.
it might be due to the signal that is output ?
since it will eventually go from a black screen to saying no signal on my tv.

f40:
Sample application that spins a Ferrari on the display.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#5 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:10 pm

SMiTH wrote:scud race could be converted similar to what mrneo did with futuristic city demo.
but it requires alot of work since it is early sdk using set4 or set2? not sh4?
idk :?

the f40.bin sample works in emulators.
the sample is found on almost every sdk. (its even on the gd check disk)
it might work on real hardware?
every time i have tried i get black screen.
it could be only for 45000 lba?
currently i have it at 11702.
it might be due to the signal that is output ?
since it will eventually go from a black screen to saying no signal on my tv.

f40:
Sample application that spins a Ferrari on the display.

Set 2 is like emulation / approximation since it has the powervr gpu on a card but it uses the computer x86 cpu so no dreamcast compatible, meant to be a early showcase. Set 4 is sh4 but it seems to be early libraries with some incompatibilities with set 5(.24?). Some named ryosuzuki ( i believe he is a member here as well) I rememeber in assembler game he showed off his set 4 demo with the dolphin tunnel from scud race (as far as i know he refused to share it, not sure) tech demo working on emulator (nulldc) but would not boot on real hardware. Same with future city, seems things from set 4 dont work on retail dreamcast? I never even had access to set 4 sdk so cant even try to compile things since no one shared. Not sure how you got it.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 pm

ty for the info, everytime i dig into the sdk stuff some1 tells me something new.
tbh i just use a hex editor so im nothing, idk why i find this stuff interesting.

Not sure how I got them?
I just downloaded them from various iso sites.
Some of them had old dc scene nfo files lol
A few were from assembler games.
Even from some others that many ppl know.
You know the "legit" ones.

I currently have these sdk's:

Windows CE DevKit 1.0
Windows CE Devkit 2.1
Katana 1555 (JP)
Katana r2
Katana r4.01
Katana r9
Katana r10-1
Katana r11b
looking for Katana r12 Final

If you want I could eventually upload them for you.
lmk

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#7 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:16 am

SMiTH wrote:ty for the info, everytime i dig into the sdk stuff some1 tells me something new.
tbh i just use a hex editor so im nothing, idk why i find this stuff interesting.

Not sure how I got them?
I just downloaded them from various iso sites.
Some of them had old dc scene nfo files lol
A few were from assembler games.
Even from some others that many ppl know.
You know the "legit" ones.

I currently have these sdk's:

Windows CE DevKit 1.0
Windows CE Devkit 2.1
Katana 1555 (JP)
Katana r2
Katana r4.01
Katana r9
Katana r10-1
Katana r11b
looking for Katana r12 Final

If you want I could eventually upload them for you.
lmk

Took me a while but I found it, This might be interesting for you. The tech demo of dolphin tunnel that was mentioned by ryo suzuki at assembler games seems to come from "set3" or so he believes. According to him works on nulldc emulator but no real hardware. I guess theres an unreleased sdk that might have the set 2 examples compiled for sh4?
https://web.archive.org/web/20191109201410/https://assemblergames.com/threads/is-dreamcast-scud-race-already-released.29868/

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:31 am

There all here the katana dev kits if you want them. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... cGM?lfhs=2

You not going to find r12 that was used only by sega as far as i know..

As for it working on nulldc and not on hardware that be memory alignment since any dc emulator does not care about it but the sh4 does..

I have run into this in porting code for projects that were pc based or used an pc cpu..

It run on nulldc as it allows it.. so i think it would be fix-able not to hard to make any thing that runs on nulldc to run on hardware with just doing this..

My first port of hexen runs on emulators not on hardware because of the same problem.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 am

SCUD Race is so cool. There was a broken but complete SCUD deluxe cab (with moving seat and large projection TV) that someone was selling near me recently for $300. I thought about buying it but decided not to since I have no special knowledge how to troubleshoot it, and the thing would take up my entire garage, and its so heavy I wouldn't be able to move it myself :lol: Would love to see something related to it booting on DC. Somehow modding the cars into another DC game would be pretty epic as well.