Need advice

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Re: Need advice

Post#21 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:32 am

this thing is driving me crazy.

googling ive found out that pso relies on memory saved on bios for network info. thats good to know. since its not a new dc, i flashed the bios. success. i configure planet web 3.0 to BBA, using DHCP. it says its saving on "internal memory", i assume its talking about the bios.

i insert a pso us copy (googling ive also found out only us version are able to set up bba access since bba wasnt even distributed to europe). i see a bunch of messages about bba, feeling confident, but when its about to connect it says my bba isnt configured, and it invites me to go to the website option and configure my bba. I follow the orders, but all i can see are dial up modem options.

WTF?

please help me through.. i bough a dc mainly for pso online and bought an uber expensive bba for guarantying a good experience on it.. and so far all i see is failure..

thanks

Dr. Pariolo

Post#22 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Brilliant, this gets worse each day. now i have my vga box so i can play in my room, using my pc monitor. but windows wont detect the ethernet wire.. I did everything needed to share the internet connection, but now not even PW3 can connect. Needless to say pso doesnt work.

Dr. Pariolo

Post#23 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:21 pm

XDP wont work, read my previous posts
and i cant access website option on ntscu v2 (using echelon's rip) because it says i have no isp configured

i have already successfully reset my bios memory.

and im using an ethernet cable from the pc to the dc. on both ends it says nothing is plugged. BBA isnt broken, when i plug it directly to the router, i can browse the net with planet web.

edit: XDP now works, mysteriously.. Wont even try to understand why.. I setup bba with default data(blanks), and it saves. Ive seen no errors so i guess its ok.

But it keeps telling me the ethernet cable isnt plugged.

And whats different with that pso version you linked me? i already got 3. default pal v2, scthack's one, and echelon's rip. im confused, which do i need to use? =\ only thing i know is that only US versions can configure BBAs

edit: and now that (apparently) my bba is configured, when i try to go to website on pso ntusc version, screen just goes black.. i assume its because bba is (maybe) properly configured, but theres no inet connection because windows wont share it.

Allthough about the sharing issue, i dont know whats to blame, the dc or the pc.. i havent got a clue..

Dr. Pariolo

Post#24 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:34 pm

yes, "damnit", ill second that. this is pissing me off.

Im using a crossover cable. And it works, its the one i use back when i didnt have a wifi adapter for 360. its the very same cable. And i did the same thing i did for it for sharing the internet connection, with 360 it used to work.

I have the 400 model dont worry, first thing i checked before i purchased it. i know the 300 is just useless.

xdp works now, read my edit on previous post lol.

ok i understand the difference versions betwen pso. Now, which should i pick? I want v2 and be able to connect to private servers.

Dr. Pariolo

Post#25 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 pm

ok, that resolves the version question. any idea bout how sharing the net with the crossover cable?

Dr. Pariolo

Post#26 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:44 pm

dont use ethernet card for wan, but wifi antena, like i said, routers downstairs.

and those are the steps i followed for xbox. I mean i know how that works, and i just re done 1 min ago, grabbed the very same cable, instead of plugging it in the dc bba, i plug it on xbox. i turn it on, and win, im connected to xbox live. plug it on bba, and boom, windows says my ethernet cable is disconnected.

Dr. Pariolo

Post#27 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:48 pm

dhcp. worked like a charm with xbox 360

Dr. Pariolo

Post#28 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:40 am

did that, and applied same settings to console via xdp, and still no go.

192.168.1.5 is my local ip for my pc

Dr. Pariolo

Post#29 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:33 am

update: ive re-configured back to dhcp bba via xdp, when i went to website on pso v2 ntsuc, i had the bba config window. apparently i screwed up there, i entered the same data as in previous post picture. i saw the lobby in the background, but it said i was disconnected, wrong info or something. what was i supposed to input back in that bba config window?

also that was plugging the bba directly to the router.. with ethernet wire going upstairs to downstairs through the window... needless to say it was temporary setup.

Dr. Pariolo

Post#30 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:35 am

ok, thanks. i got all the info now. Now i just need to find a 1 km ethernet crossover cable or find a way to share internet connection with pc..