Supreme Snowboarding 2 First Gameplay! (Cancelled Game)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
ac3t1ne
rebel

Re: Supreme Snowboarding 2 First Gameplay! (Cancelled Game)

Post#11 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Another one of my favourite pc games as a kid! Even has Keith Flint from the prodigy (RIP) as a playable character!

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#12 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Wow, great find! I loved it on PC as well... i still have the original disc :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:51 pm

This game was only released on Xbox. The first game was on PC and PS1.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Michael
shadow

Post#14 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:47 am

What you can see in the video is Supreme Snowboarding for PC (!) by Housemarque from 1999. Only the character has been changed slightly (face, clothes). The game, as you can see it is the video, was made for PC (!), not for any other platform.

I am the admin of supreme-snowboarding.eu / supreme-snowboarding.tk. I support the game since 2002. If you have interesting material, you can send it straight to me. Thank you.

Michael

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#15 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:20 am

Michael wrote:What you can see in the video is Supreme Snowboarding for PC (!) by Housemarque from 1999. Only the character has been changed slightly (face, clothes). The game, as you can see it is the video, was made for PC (!), not for any other platform.

Dude, it literally says "Dreamcast version" near the end of the video.

DC.png

Here's a picture of the tape it was captured from as well which also states "Dreamcast Version Preview":

Tape.jpg

The game's artist captured the footage himself both he and the programmer confirmed the existence of the Dreamcast port / sequel.
PSO Characters:

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#16 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:10 am

They keep any files, images from preview version?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#17 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:23 am

DarkSynbios wrote:They keep any files, images from preview version?

Unfortunately the two devs I've spoken to so far don't have anything beyond this video and some artwork. I'm still trying to track down the prototype but no guarantees on that.
PSO Characters:

Michael
shadow

Post#18 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:30 am

Whatever. The video shows Supreme Snowboarding for PC.

Michael
shadow

Post#19 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:32 am

If you are interested in a new landscape for Supreme Snowboarding for PC, see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQrwrLwnfI

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#20 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:39 pm

Michael wrote:Whatever. The video shows Supreme Snowboarding for PC.

Dude, you're literally wrong. The development team working on it says so, and I'm more inclined to believe them than you.

You've already stated that the character has been changed slightly, so you acknowledge this isn't the vanilla release build of the game as it stands. What proof do you have that the game is just the PC version. Bear in mind these facts which currently disprove your theory;
1. The in game assets, by your admission, are slightly different to the PC build.
2. The video was supplied by the game's artist who confirmed the game's existence.
3. A programmer on the title also confirmed the game's existence
4. It states Dreamcast Version in the video itself

We appreciate you're a massive fan of the original PC title, your site looks awesome. If anything you should be pleased that more information about the series is materialising. It's possible the demo is reusing assets (such as the track) from the original PC title, but it's clear that a sequel was in development on Dreamcast. The only way you're going to be able to argue otherwise is to claim the programmer and lead artist are lying and faking old videotapes, and you're gonna need some proof for that.