Homemade Neo-Geo to Dreamcast Link Cable Interest

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xiden
Developer

Homemade Neo-Geo to Dreamcast Link Cable Interest

Post#1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:03 pm

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to see who all would be interested in a homemade Neo-Geo to Dreamcast Serial Cable. These would once again be made by
Kevin Mellott who has created some very high quality cabling for us already :)

These are another rare species of dreamcast that goes for high prices on ebay, so having a homemade cable of course would give us a potentially cheaper option.

The Neo Geo cable is used to unlock cool stuff in dreamcast games below are the list of compatible games.

Compatible Games
--------------------------------
Bikkuriman 2000 Viva! Festival!
Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001
Cool Cool Toon
The King of Fighters: Evolution
The King of Fighters Dream Match '99

Let me know if you guys are interested in this cable.

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Homemade Neo-Geo to Dreamcast Link Cable Interest

Post#2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:39 pm

This is a neat idea. I wish you could do more with the cable than just using it to unlock some stuff in either the NGPC game or DC game. Would have been cool to use the NGPC as a controller, or some way to play NGPC games on your TV via the connection with the dreamcast.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#3 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:08 pm

I'll chime in and offer my boxed ngpc link cable for sale

Pyrochrome
noob

Post#4 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:07 pm

I'd love to see homebrew that could utilize the Dreamcast-Neo Geo link, it's such a shame that Sonic Pocket Adventure didn't have a Tiny Chao Garden like Sonic Advance!

Someone did disassemble that game a while back, so if a homebrew cable becomes readily available who knows what we could do.....