RCA to USB , Sega Dreamcast Gameplay Capturing

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

RCA to USB , Sega Dreamcast Gameplay Capturing

Post#1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:42 pm

I grabbed myself 1 different pairs of RCA TO USB , As I want to do game captures and be able to speak over them while I play.

Problem is , it seems like the RCA USB , 100% takes over the MIC Function so I can speak and play at the same time , Anyone know tricks or I am just stuck needing to do the commentary voice over style method ? :mrgreen:

Dakangel
letterbomb

Re: RCA to USB , Sega Dreamcast Gameplay Capturing

Post#2 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:56 am

Use this Open Broadcaster Software is free and very powerfull for live streams or / and multisource recordings.

Learn how to use it and configure for your needs; you can record from various audio and video sources, edit your screens and positions ,add frames, watermark, logos, changing screen animations, fades, titles and subtitles, chroma key screens, configurable change from screens with a key .

For example you can have one screen showing your full screen webcam with chroma key and your mic, then another showing your game screen and your webcam with both audios ,then another screen showing only the full screen gameplay with the audio you enable or with a time frame for speddruns and change from screen to screen with simple key presses.

you can do live streams with various camera angles or simple records for upload and share.

Have fun. (ps. Some people dont like the talking or face cam during gameplays)

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: RCA to USB , Sega Dreamcast Gameplay Capturing

Post#3 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:40 pm

Dakangel wrote:Use this Open Broadcaster Software is free and very powerfull for live streams or / and multisource recordings.

Learn how to use it and configure for your needs; you can record from various audio and video sources, edit your screens and positions ,add frames, watermark, logos, changing screen animations, fades, titles and subtitles, chroma key screens, configurable change from screens with a key .

For example you can have one screen showing your full screen webcam with chroma key and your mic, then another showing your game screen and your webcam with both audios ,then another screen showing only the full screen gameplay with the audio you enable or with a time frame for speddruns and change from screen to screen with simple key presses.

you can do live streams with various camera angles or simple records for upload and share.

Have fun. (ps. Some people dont like the talking or face cam during gameplays)

HA Cool I will try that again , I had it before not before I tried doing this idea with the Dreamcast ,

I was using PS1 Emulator with the WINDOWS GAME BAR had no problem there but thats not going to work with the dreamcast.

I'll be back with what I figure out