Second hand memory cards

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
louis012345678
Doom

Second hand memory cards

Post#1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:29 pm

I always love buying second hand memory cards as you never know what you might find on them. I bought a couple earlier today and while there wasn't any long lost dlc on them, there were quite a few saves on there from Sonic adventure, jet set radio etc. The memory card without the screen has the Chao game on it which is funny seeing as you can't actually play it without a screen!

What are your best second hand memory card moments? My best has to be when I bought a ps2 memory card with a 007 Nightfire save called "WET SLAG" :lol:
DSC_0316.JPG
DSC_0315.JPG
DSC_0382.JPG

Londinium
dirty sailor

Re: Second hand memory cards

Post#2 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:01 pm

>be me
>scrolling lounge
>year old post that nobody's posted on
>gonna bring this baby back from the dead

Never bought a third-party memory card (I don't trust them) but when I bought my Dreamcast, the only thing on the VMU was NBA 2K1 (at least I think it was the only thing)

I like the thought that someone had a dedicated VMU solely for NBA 2K1
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Re: Second hand memory cards

Post#3 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:00 pm

They did a good write-up about this on DCJY a while back. I love finding used memory cards because it's like a snapshot in time of the original owner. Then you start to wonder what kind of person they were based on the games they had and played the most. VMU Archeology :lol: