Possible new movie format idea.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mrneo240
Rank 9

Possible new movie format idea.

Post#1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:22 pm

Someone today mentioned today movies on dc.

I was thinking of attempting a new format and using public domain movies and footage.

Any interest? I won't have anything for a week but would something like this be interesting for anyone?

The final format would be cdi and able to be burned, but should also work on a gdemu or whatever too.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: Possible new movie format idea.

Post#2 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:26 pm

That would be awesome.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#3 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:44 pm

Neo,

can you rip the ip.bin from the heartbreak diary mil cd?

can you also rip the ip.bin from the original "leaked" bleem beta found in either rainbow book source or the miltemp directory when creating the bleem.nrg image?

what is the status of your old project where you added a trainer-esque menu thingy to the ip.bin?

do you still have the web browser project you created that you poster here? i assume its some build based off of the dc fake86 or some dc emulated dos thingy?

do you still have all the files that you created of all the dc magazine, dreamon, dorimaga, etc?

-----

as for dc movie cdi's? are you saying you are going to create an app to use new formats other than what we can already use?

so, not divx, and not mpeg-1?

as far as public domain... i get it you want to be legit, if you choose to use pls find something interesting. so much of the public domain stuff is boring content..

but ya go for it..

its getting stale asf here so anything would be cool...

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Problem with movie formats on the DC nowadays is converting to be playable. Its a huge PITA!! Everyone wants to make some multimedia for the Dreamcast but really it is tough.

Some CDI with a highscore/speedrun video you could watch before playing or a walk-thru on a foreign language game.
ShindouGo will have to see this he can give you some ideas.

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#5 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:00 pm

This is great man! I've been researching for some DC video libraries, but I couldn't find much.
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#6 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 am

SMiTH wrote:Neo,

can you rip the ip.bin from the heartbreak diary mil cd?

can you also rip the ip.bin from the original "leaked" bleem beta found in either rainbow book source or the miltemp directory when creating the bleem.nrg image?

what is the status of your old project where you added a trainer-esque menu thingy to the ip.bin?

do you still have the web browser project you created that you poster here? i assume its some build based off of the dc fake86 or some dc emulated dos thingy?

do you still have all the files that you created of all the dc magazine, dreamon, dorimaga, etc?

-----

as for dc movie cdi's? are you saying you are going to create an app to use new formats other than what we can already use?

so, not divx, and not mpeg-1?

as far as public domain... i get it you want to be legit, if you choose to use pls find something interesting. so much of the public domain stuff is boring content..

but ya go for it..

its getting stale asf here so anything would be cool...

Heartbreak diary is available in many places, the original unknown source cdi dumps exist and then about 3 of my own personal dumps for redump in various formats exist too.

If you have the image try this software, ipwriter. It can search files for IP.bin

neoIP grew into something else but that's still a long term goal. The issue being, I still am not smart enough to rewrite gameshark. One day.

I do not, it was lost because I don't back anything up.

No, because no backups. The GDIs exist if anyone wants anything from specific from them.

It will be something we already have, mpeg-1.

The content is something I personally like.

k-do
Doom

Post#7 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:33 am

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:42 am

Ah DCMC the app that Ovverride/PH3NOM was working on? It was cool but wasn't ever finished unfortunately.

@Mrneo240, I would love to see classic movies working on the system, especially if you could make longer feature films work great from GDEMU with larger sized images.

k-do
Doom

Post#9 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:08 am

Exactly @Anthony817, would be great if the dreamcast scene coders get the codes and finish the DMC project.
The project has a great potential, it could become something like a Dreamcast XBMC or a Emulation station.

k-do
Doom

Post#10 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:16 am

I remamber an Avenger sample made by PH3NOM with his XviD-DC, it has a very good quality.

PH3NOM has shared the source code of XviD-DC and made a cdi sample of XviD-DC Avengers.

https://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... &start=120