Boot Disc Question

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
TrainwreckX
shadow

Boot Disc Question

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:31 pm

I'm having a hard time searching the forums for a definitive answer on this, so I thought I'd ask. Sorry, i'm sure it comes up a lot.

I'm wanting a boot disc for two purposes: to play Japanese (legitimate copy) games, and to force VGA on those games you can force VGA on. I do NOT need a boot disc that allows me to play burned games, as I don't burn any games.

Can anyone help me locate the ISO and tell me the definitive boot disc to use for my needs? Thanks!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: Boot Disc Question

Post#2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:57 am

Codebreaker

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:04 am

Which if you get the iso you have to burn it like any other burned game I agree with Mrneo240 codebreaker

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#4 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:21 am

Codebreaker, DC-X and the Xploder demo disc. These three can pretty much boot every import out there and force the majority of VGA.

(There is a handful of games that simply can't be played on VGA, no boot disc in the world will be able to get these on VGA)

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#5 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:38 am

doesnt the PSO patcher disc work too? or am I misremembering that?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#6 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:21 pm

As long as you don't play WinCE games, yes.
"Fear the HUnewearl."