Sky Broadband DreamPi Issue

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
ThatDudeHak
noob

Sky Broadband DreamPi Issue

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Hello

I have been having issues getting online with DreamPi for about a month now.
Been through several tests and it came to the conclusion that Sky Broadband do not allow changing of DNS.
Therefore it won't let me change to 3rd party servers and even if the firmware was backdated it would eventually happen again.
My question is has anyone else had this problem?
My only option I feel that is gonna help is changing provider to BT perhaps?
In saying that, it will be another long process due to COVID 19 though nothing can be done about it.
Thanks for reading

David

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Re: Sky Broadband DreamPi Issue

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:16 pm

You're not the first person to mention Sky being an issue. Is it worth getting in contact with their tech support to see if they can offer anything?
PSO - Crimez (Lv136 FoNewm) / Revlis (Lv20 RaCast)
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

ThatDudeHak
noob

Re: Sky Broadband DreamPi Issue

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Currently due to Covid 19 not really. I wouldn't care changing provider if there's no easy way around it. I've sent them a mail but will see what happens. May be best to state Sky issue to buyers of DreamPi for future. Hopefully I'll get sorted