Make Fresh Burned/Copy Games

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Make Fresh Burned/Copy Games

Post#1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi my game plan is to , when needed too , If I need to burn/copy a game to Bypass the Region stuff ,

How am I suppose to do this ?

I do know I can download ISO of CDI's but I do not want that , I want to make my own fresh ones with a legit copy of the game.

I tried it once with IMG Burn with the CDI Plug-in for a NHL 2K CDI that I downloaded and when it burned the Dreamcast read it as

a 1 track 74 min music cd :lol:

What do I need for me to make Fresh Copies from Legit Game CDS ?

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: Make Fresh Burned/Copy Games

Post#2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:10 am

The FREE Version of 120% Alcohol works !

just letting everyone know ,no idea that existed still :lol:

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:32 pm

That will work for copies of cd-rs but not legitimate GD-ROM games FYI.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:23 pm

OK Cool so how would create cdi from an official disc and burn cdr later on?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:32 pm

AgentMomo wrote:OK Cool so how would create cdi from an official disc and burn cdr later on?

Cant really do that thats why there is the releases gdrom there 1gb some games have copyprotection even if you did you end up with the same as you downloaded..

If it could be done like that would been no need for the scene groups that repacked the games down to fit on cdrs..

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:06 pm

Like Ian Micheal said its all on a game by game basis. For example ECHELON decided to rip the intro video on the release of NHL2K2 to fit a 80min CD-R. Kalisto had to rip some CDDA music on NHL2K.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#7 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:31 pm

AH Okay I am totally understanding this now , Apparently their was a special device needed to dump CDI from Dreamcast to Computer.

Yeah I am just needing to use the Upload CDI/ISOs of Sport games. Oddly not all the Hockey and Football games seen a Japan unless they are indeed that rare to find ?