Name That Game

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Marmo
noob

Name That Game

Post#1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 am

Hi there,

This has been puzzling me for a while and I would really like to know the answer. I had a Dreamcast when it first came out and remember playing a gorgeous space combat game where you pretty much just control your ships lasers. The game itself controlled the flight/movement elements. I've looked at numourous Starlancer videos and I don't think it's that. I would love to play it again after all these years. I'm 90% sure it's a Dreamcast game but I may be wrong. Any thoughts?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Name That Game

Post#2 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:20 am

Sounds like BANG! Gunship Elite.

Welcome to DC-Talk BTW! :-)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Marmo
noob

Post#3 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 am

Thank you but I don't think it's this one. Like I said, I'm pretty sure the game controls the flight, unlike Gunship.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#4 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:09 am

Armada? Rez?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#5 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:17 am

Marmo wrote:Like I said, I'm pretty sure the game controls the flight, unlike Gunship.

I don't know if there are any games where you have no control over the ship's movement. The only other game I can think of is Incoming which has you control multiple vehicle types. One of them is a stationary turret so maybe that's what you're thinking of.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Marmo
noob

Post#6 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 am

My mind might be playing tricks with me so I could be wrong about it being Dreamcast. Thank you though for your replies. I have just discovered Redream so I have an evening of Quake III to look forward to.

Thanks once again.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#7 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Could it be Incoming? You only control the guns in that game, though I think it's solely located on planets rather than in deep space itself. But your memory might be playing tricks on you, since it is a space-y game where spaceships attack and you only control the gun turrets.

Marmo
noob

Post#8 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:09 pm

I'm sure I owned Starlancer at one point but that has flight controls. The only thing I can think of is that it's a different console. I think I had a N64 before that but there's no game available that matches that description either. I have a specific memory of trying to hit specific areas on a massive ship. And failing.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#9 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Sonic Aventure sky chase?

knuckles29
rebel

Post#10 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:30 pm

If you change out the Spaceship for people and blasting aliens/monsters, Charge N' Blast may be viable.

Also, I recommend Rez just as a whole. But that was not a USA game.

If we are truly going off the premise that it was near launch day, the only game fitting is Incoming! as that was still 1999, Bang! wasn't until 2000