Dreamcast Link Cables Pre-Ordering

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mellott124
rebel

Re: Dreamcast Link Cables Pre-Ordering now Open

Post#51 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:22 pm

OK, here's the first unit. Going out for test. I made it a 6' cable. It came out really nice. Particularly proud of these cables.
Attachments
IMG-4978.jpg

Xiden
Developer

Post#52 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:25 pm

I've tested the cable :) I am happy to report all the link cable games work perfectly! The cable design is solid! Well done Kevin and thanks!

vo.png

mellott124
rebel

Post#53 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Great Xiden!

I'll have my second DC console monitor coming tomorrow. Then I'll have a complete setup to test each cable prior to shipping. Right now I'm building up all the connectors and so cables should start shipping out by this weekend. Definitely by Monday. It will take me probably a week or two to get them all shipped. I'll send an email update out to people who ordered as well.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#54 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:02 pm

These look great. Glad to see there is a good quality alternative. I really hope we see some homebrew supporting the vs cable in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

mellott124
rebel

Post#55 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:31 pm

More cables going out!
Attachments
DC serial cable batch.jpg

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#56 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:22 am

I received mine a while ago, and love the quality! A good friend of mine is coming over this weekend to try it out properly and I will report back with some footage. Those end caps are a neat touch.

Xiden
Developer

Post#57 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:02 am

Kevin was able to make a 12' cable and it works :). Just in case anyone wanted longer cables.

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Re: Dreamcast Link Cables Pre-Ordering

Post#58 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:17 pm

Is kevin still offering these to order?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Xiden
Developer

Post#59 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:40 am

hawkzer0 wrote:Is kevin still offering these to order?

Yes, I believe so. Hit him up on gmail, He's pretty quick to respond.

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#60 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:16 am

Ok. Emailed him 2 days ago. Might be looking to get one of his wonderswan cables as well. Excited to play some VOOT!
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL