SEGA Dreamcast CDI/ISOs on CDR

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

SEGA Dreamcast CDI/ISOs on CDR

Post#1 » Sun May 31, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi there ,so the games for Dreamcast that are normally burnable are the single disc games ?

CDR is 700MB , I know apparently modified versions of RE2 had to be made because direct copying a factory made disc could not be done because apparently each of those's discs are somehow larger then 700MB ?

The mini games of RE2 are flawed so no REDC Stuff does not solve my issue , SO I DID JAPAN Import of that game as they were dirt cheap.

My gameplan for my next go round for DREAMCAST will be JAPAN CONSOLE and JAPAN Games

Now for my hockey and football games , would those's be a safe bet to simply buy American version and play burned copy of it ?

I did keep my CDR of GAMEBREAKER for Disc Swapping for Region bypassing but that gets super annoying after awhile.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: SEGA Dreamcast CDI/ISOs on CDR

Post#2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:09 am

Typically, with burned backup discs, the region is no longer a factor.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: SEGA Dreamcast CDI/ISOs on CDR

Post#3 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:17 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Typically, with burned backup discs, the region is no longer a factor.

YES , That's why I figured to make this whole thing easier for me by doing the burn method with sport games , as thoses should have no format hoops for me to jump through.

Their is just a huge difference in US and JPN Market for the pricings of certain things , It's unreal.