Test Drive Cycles community fundraiser now live

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Re: Test Drive Cycles community fundraiser now live

Post#41 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:18 pm

Few things:

1) Were getting off topic here..is there any word of a .cdi file being released yet? This is so exciting and I can't wait to play this game!

2) Unreleased games are always more fascinating than indie games for MANY reasons. Especially since indie games never come close to achieving what the DC is capable of.

3) Who cares if someone profits off of releasing an unreleased prototype? Capitalism is not a bad thing. We should all be thankful that these fundraiser goals get met and this stuff gets released. Having not even donated to them, I sure am thankful and I think most of us secretly are.

4) Aww but the poor indie devs? Its obviously great that they're around and that new games are still being made in 2020... but jesus...cry me a river lol I guess the word just isn't fair :roll:

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#42 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:47 am

It's clear to me that DC-T is not the place to discuss fundraisers of this kind, there is just too much resistance. Each to their own, but c'mon this is a simple practice of vote with your wallet. You want to chip in, great! You don't? no problem!

You want to buy betas/unreleased videogames (for a lot of money) and release it for free on the WWW? Awesome.

You want to buy betas/unreleased videogames and recuperate the purchase price in full or partially and release the data on the WWW? Still awesome.

You want to buy betas/unreleased videogames and keep them locked up in your closet and don't share anything with anyone.... less awesome but hey it's your money so can't really blame you.

With every piece of Dreamcast history being preserved, documented or talked about is a great way of keeping the dream alive. Some have deep pockets, others just don't care, and some just want to make market value and/or capitalize on their collections. It's all fair game.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#43 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:02 am

Yis

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#44 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:18 pm

OGDCFAN99 wrote:Few things:

1) Were getting off topic here..is there any word of a .cdi file being released yet? This is so exciting and I can't wait to play this game!

2) Unreleased games are always more fascinating than indie games for MANY reasons. Especially since indie games never come close to achieving what the DC is capable of.

3) Who cares if someone profits off of releasing an unreleased prototype? Capitalism is not a bad thing. We should all be thankful that these fundraiser goals get met and this stuff gets released. Having not even donated to them, I sure am thankful and I think most of us secretly are.

4) Aww but the poor indie devs? Its obviously great that they're around and that new games are still being made in 2020... but jesus...cry me a river lol I guess the word just isn't fair :roll:

Arcade Legends is far better then this and is indie developer so not 100% true pushing the dreamcast quite hard and is KOS free open tools

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#45 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:04 pm

You guys are absolutely right.

And I will look into Arcade Racing Legends, that looks pretty impressive.

So is there a .cdi released of TDC yet?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#46 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:11 pm

OGDCFAN99 wrote:You guys are absolutely right.

And I will look into Arcade Racing Legends, that looks pretty impressive.

So is there a .cdi released of TDC yet?

This for sale soon and there is demo version to burn and try right now other indie games soon pushing the dreamcast as well..

I think you might confuse with the stuff some of us dev do just simple ports or emulators judging the indie scene by that.. Yes there is a lot of these because were not paid and do things in our spare time.. Not that indie developer cant get close to a beta game or retail game ..

Take's time money and effort and team of people to do this.. Above game shows what can be done using the non offical dev kit ..

Free release ports or other games might not be up to what you want.. but lot of times there people like me learning the system and coding for it.. NO they might not be pushing the system lot of homebrew but that does not make it less or worth less .. I think the point is if we supported indie devs not on dead old never to be complete beta games.. And showed the same support for new projects you might get more of what you want not dead unplay-able games which give you min's of fun..

I also see it's good to preserve the history of all these games .. So my stance on it might of changed a bit...

The dreamcast scene is not dead we dont have to pick over graves to get new content .. Many things in the works behind the scenes that blow you guys away..

Woodneeded
undertow

Post#47 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:07 pm

Wombat wrote:It's clear to me that DC-T is not the place to discuss fundraisers of this kind, there is just too much resistance. Each to their own, but c'mon this is a simple practice of vote with your wallet. You want to chip in, great! You don't? no problem!

I think Dreamcast Talk is the perfect place to discuss these things. The discussion is always civil the members are knowledgeable and give quality information and opinions. Ultimately some people like to be more informed when they decide to fund things. I'd love to "vote with my wallet" but I don't do so without knowledge and information and this forum provides that information. I supported the Arcade Legends game because of information from this forum.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#48 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 am

Woodneeded wrote:
Wombat wrote:It's clear to me that DC-T is not the place to discuss fundraisers of this kind, there is just too much resistance. Each to their own, but c'mon this is a simple practice of vote with your wallet. You want to chip in, great! You don't? no problem!

I think Dreamcast Talk is the perfect place to discuss these things. The discussion is always civil the members are knowledgeable and give quality information and opinions. Ultimately some people like to be more informed when they decide to fund things. I'd love to "vote with my wallet" but I don't do so without knowledge and information and this forum provides that information. I supported the Arcade Legends game because of information from this forum.

Well, although not everyone agrees with each other, there are those who will fund and those who will not. Some have been ripped off by funding and are rightfully against it due to corrupt people and others will try to fund projects they trust.

Also, if you look at how many members are here and how many people commented negatively, it is a small portion of the community.

Dreamcast-Talk is a good place to ask, just do not expect everyone to agree. I am always the only person to vote for PBA Tour Bowling 2000 to be the online game of the year but that's cool.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#49 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:57 am

I played the arcade racing legend demo and for me there is a texture downgrade.
The game is fun but the gameplay is less good than original release.

don't expect a dreamcast new reference.

In order to end the off topic, I'm simply happy than Test Drive Cycles is released.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#50 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:05 pm

hello,

yesterday, Jack Barber added proper CDI versions of each playable track in the game on the page of community fundraiser.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/wxpsc53 ... CDI_Images