Retrobit saturn wireless controller/Dreamcast compatibility

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
RobisMarshall
minority

Retrobit saturn wireless controller/Dreamcast compatibility

Post#1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:42 pm

Hello guys,

So I recently got the Retro-bit saturn wireless controller, and I got to say overall I am pretty happy about it. There is little to no lag and it works well on both the Saturn and USB devices (switch and genesis mini for me). there was one issue with the saturn dongle not working that required a firmware update so keep that in mind. Thats all nice and good but the first thing I wanted to try was using it on my dreamcast connecting the saturn dongle to the total control 3 saturn/dreamcast adapter. I want to inform every one looking into this for the purposes of playing on the DC that as of yet this option is not available which is a shame but not deal breaking as the cord on that device plus the saturn cord length should be good enough for most people.

Best

RM

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Retrobit saturn wireless controller/Dreamcast compatibility

Post#2 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:11 pm

The confirmed that all the wireless versions from all 3 console's controllers will be cross compatible with each other. Meaning, that if you buy the Dreamcast wireless dongle and a Saturn wireless pad, they will work. Hopefully they give us a dual analog version of that Dreamcast controller they are making. Super excited for that!

RobisMarshall
minority

Post#3 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:05 pm

Anthony817 wrote:The confirmed that all the wireless versions from all 3 console's controllers will be cross compatible with each other. Meaning, that if you buy the Dreamcast wireless dongle and a Saturn wireless pad, they will work. Hopefully they give us a dual analog version of that Dreamcast controller they are making. Super excited for that!

That is my plan once the dreamcast obe comes out, so far I have been using the retrobit one for saturn and switch fighting games but I seem to struggle with special moves that I didnt with before. Maybe the d pad is not as good as I thought

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:19 pm

If you got the first batch the D-pad rocker can have issues. They send out new replacement parts you can simply swap in all you need is a screwdriver. I believe the original rockers were very thin and brittle and just prone to issues. They have since fixed it in later revisions.