Cheats N Codes Dreamcast Functions

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
LemonyJams
noob

Cheats N Codes Dreamcast Functions

Post#1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:00 pm

Hey, just wondering if anyone here can help me. Does anyone know if the Cheats N Codes disc for Dreamcast has the ability to add codes to it? I can't find like anything online for information about this disc.

Looking to get it for imports as I've heard it's good for those, but I'd also like to try out some codes on Sonic Adventure and see what fun I can have there ;)

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Re: Cheats N Codes Dreamcast Functions

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:06 am

I believe it does not have such a feature. It's essentially a standalone product with preinstalled codes for select number of titles (mostly launch and post launch game releases) available on the disc. It was an alternative (budget minded) product to their Game Shark line.
Additional volume's were planned but ultimately never saw the light of day due to the systems short life span here in the states I would assume.

I bought mine mainly as a cheap and realiable bootdisc to play offical Imports. Best $5 i've ever spent on a new DC product.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news