Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

Post#21 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:25 am

Yeah not seen the source to it either. No idea mate, doubtful we will ever see it. I am a HUGE flight sim fan too, anticipating the 2020 version. Got my Saitek HOTAS flight stick ready for that.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#22 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:07 am

WOW, I did not expect that this fundraiser would result in so much resistance. The easiest route for any beta/unreleased game owner is to simply put it on eBay and go the capitalistic route. In this day and age people grossly overpay for these kind of items, so if the owner of the disc would put it up for sale chances are it will sell for more then the target of this fundraiser, with chances that we will never see it out there!

Sometimes awesome betas get put on the WWW for free, other times there is a need for a fundraiser*. And many other times enthousiasts take one for the team, pays for a rare item themselves and still release it for free.

(* let's not forget the community efforts made to get Propeller Arena and Geist Force out there, with out fundraisers those might have never seen the day of light)

Personally I'm just happy whenever something awesome pops ups, especially when it's an unreleased Dreamcast game.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#23 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:46 am

Only Propeller Arena, Half Life, HellGate, Millennium Racer: Y2K Fighters, PBA Bowling 2001 and Internet Game Pack deserve attention in my memory from the games not finished

All other games are not playable, turned on looked and forgot

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#24 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:48 am

Wombat wrote:(* let's not forget the community efforts made to get Propeller Arena and Geist Force out there, with out fundraisers those might have never seen the day of light)

I'm not sure about Propeller Arena but the big difference between this and Geist Force is that there was a lot of work involved with getting Geist Force into a playable form. I'm more than happy to compensate for someone's work in that circumstance.

Regardless, even though it's clear we have differing opinions on whether or not this particular game requires a "fundraiser", it's a good thing if it gets released at the end of the day.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#25 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:29 am

It's clear, everyone would like to have a release free of charge, me included. But if the owner of a disc doesn't want to release it for free, I rather have it released by the means of a fundraiser than seeing the game in question disappear into the hands of a collector who doesn't want to share it.

About Geist Force, none of the funds for that game were put into getting it playable. As with pretty much every release so far, a couple of talented members of the community have put in the hard work to get things working free of charge.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#26 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:15 am

Wombat wrote:About Geist Force, none of the funds for that game were put into getting it playable. As with pretty much every release so far, a couple of talented members of the community have put in the hard work to get things working free of charge.

So the people that did the actual work got nothing. Well that's just wonderful. lol Personally I'd be much more apt to donate after the fact as a thank you rather than pay money for its release.
PSO Characters:

azel
fire

Post#27 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:01 pm

I wish whoever owns 'Take The Bullet' alpha disc would release it to the public. Always wanted to play that one.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#28 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:15 pm

I'm fine with any dreamcast game released to the community. I don't care if it is literally a game where you move a block from the left side of the screen to the right part of screen. And as far as fundraisers, it is understandable if the person who owns the game had to pay cash for it. You would also want to recoup your funds, unless money is not an issue, and you can go around buying 600 dollar games like it is nothing lol.

thedoctor45
lithium

Post#29 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Quick update everyone:

The fundraiser is now officially live: https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/h ... post-12091

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#30 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Well I wasn't going to say anything until I had something more concrete but I'm currently working with the game's producer and the head of Might and Magic development at Ubisoft to get the beta released for free and with the full blessing of Ubisoft. No guarantees but you guys might want to hold off contributing to the fundraiser.
PSO Characters: