Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

Post#51 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 am

thedoctor45 wrote:Could you maybe give me a rough estimate on how long it could take until we see results on this?

I can't give an estimate on something that's not even guaranteed. I'm trying everything I can to make this happen but at the end of the day, there's always a possibility that nothing will come of it. What you do with your fundraiser is completely up to you. I'll continue to pursue this even if the fundraiser is successful as it could result in a newer build. It could also very well lead to other things as well.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#52 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:09 pm

I strongly believe we should consider to just sit back and wait on this one. There is a serious pandemic going on as well, so most people's focus will be put on life as a primary interest first.

I honestly hope all are doing well...except the toilet paper extortionist.. Lol!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#53 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:12 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
thedoctor45 wrote:Could you maybe give me a rough estimate on how long it could take until we see results on this?

I can't give an estimate on something that's not even guaranteed. I'm trying everything I can to make this happen but at the end of the day, there's always a possibility that nothing will come of it. What you do with your fundraiser is completely up to you. I'll continue to pursue this even if the fundraiser is successful as it could result in a newer build. It could also very well lead to other things as well.

Yeah but the fact it wasnt guaranteed and this was if funded would have been for the best to keep it hush till you had it hand. Now this one has a large chance of failing to make it due to people holding out for the ubisoft release that has slim to none chance considering this game had a hd release just a few years back.

So while he can do what he pleases with the fundraiser this just threw a wrench in it. Not to mention corona virus probably makes it even worse. This definitely would have been the cheapest unreleased dc fundraiser.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#54 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:43 pm

Don't be worrying about that, think of Test Drive Cycles!!

thedoctor45
lithium

Post#55 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:56 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:Yeah but the fact it wasnt guaranteed and this was if funded would have been for the best to keep it hush till you had it hand. Now this one has a large chance of failing to make it due to people holding out for the ubisoft release that has slim to none chance considering this game had a hd release just a few years back.

So while he can do what he pleases with the fundraiser this just threw a wrench in it. Not to mention corona virus probably makes it even worse. This definitely would have been the cheapest unreleased dc fundraiser.

I didn't want to point a finger at anyone (since this doesn't help the situation) but considering the fact that I've already invested quite a bit of time and effort into getting the fundraiser going (including working with the owner of the game for several months and helping him rip the game by sending him a properly modded Dreamcast) I do have to agree with cloofoofoo that this recent timing of events has turned out to be quite anticlimactic to say the least.
Last edited by thedoctor45 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

thedoctor45
lithium

Post#56 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:00 pm

deluxux wrote:Don't be worrying about that, think of Test Drive Cycles!!

If Hereoes III doesn't get funded (due to various unfortunate circumstaces coinciding) I doubt we will see any more prototype releases of this guy in the future. I mean I can try to convince him, but why should he bother when he sees that the community would rather wait to get something for free than pay a bit of money for it?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#57 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 pm

OK, there are two choices...

1. Donate to a non-working buggy game.

2. Wait to see if PCwzrd13 can obtain it during this dark time in history.

Use your freedom of choice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dVGINIsLnqU
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#58 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Because hes already paid money for it. Its datas hes holding for 15 years. But for what reason? Its already considered been long gone from this world. Why is he hoarding it? Just release it or re-sell it? I just do not understand why you would pay so much money for an alpha version of a game and just hide it for 15 years.

thedoctor45
lithium

Post#59 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:36 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:OK, there are two choices...

Sure, I'm not trying to talk anyone into or out of anything, I'm just trying to put all cards on the table here so people can make an informed descision.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#60 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:43 pm

thedoctor45 wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:OK, there are two choices...

Sure, I'm not trying to talk anyone into or out of anything, I'm just trying to put all cards on the table here so people can make an informed descision.

How 'bout that Devo song?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs