Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
thedoctor45
lithium

Re: Heroes of Might and Magic III Dreamcast unreleased community fundraiser

Post#31 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:26 pm

Well that info would have been more helpful a day or two ago...

Is there anything more you can tell us about this "work" you're referring to? I mean if your efforts don't really have a good prospect of actually succeeding (within a reasonable timeframe that is) I don't think it would be fair towards to community to ask them to abandon their efforts of getting this version released...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#32 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:29 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Well I wasn't going to say anything until I had something more concrete but I'm currently working with the game's producer and the head of Might and Magic development at Ubisoft to get the beta released for free and with the full blessing of Ubisoft. No guarantees but you guys make might want to hold off contributing to the fundraiser.

Now were talking great work..

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#33 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:33 pm

thedoctor45 wrote:Is there anything more you can tell us about this "work" you're referring to? I mean if your efforts don't really have a good prospect of actually succeeding (within a reasonable timeframe that is) I don't think it would be fair towards to community to ask them to abandon their efforts of getting this version released...

The game's producer told me he "probably" has a build of the game. He's currently checking but he's also trying to contact the former head of Westka Entertainment (the studio that was working on the port) as well. Finding the beta is likely the easier part. Obtaining permission from Ubisoft to release it would be the bigger hurdle. That's where the head of Might & Magic development at Ubisoft comes in. He said Ubisoft hasn't done anything like that in the past but he said he's "not closing doors". That's what I have so far. I will update as soon as I know more.

Oh and I should also note that they both seem enthusiastic about helping with the effort so that's always a good sign.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

thedoctor45
lithium

Post#34 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm

any word on if this build of the game he owns is actually more complete or stable than the version we currently know of (v0.800 dated 11/08/2000).

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#35 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:03 pm

thedoctor45 wrote:any word on if this build of the game he owns is actually more complete or stable than the version we currently know of (v0.800 dated 11/08/2000).

Like I said, he hasn't confirmed whether he has it yet. He's going to look through his files and get back to me. If he has a build of the game, it's most likely the latest/last one though. Whether that's 0.800 or a later version is anyone's guess at this point.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

azel
fire

Post#36 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:38 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
thedoctor45 wrote:Is there anything more you can tell us about this "work" you're referring to? I mean if your efforts don't really have a good prospect of actually succeeding (within a reasonable timeframe that is) I don't think it would be fair towards to community to ask them to abandon their efforts of getting this version released...

The game's producer told me he "probably" has a build of the game. He's currently checking but he's also trying to contact the former head of Westka Entertainment (the studio that was working on the port) as well. Finding the beta is likely the easier part. Obtaining permission from Ubisoft to release it would be the bigger hurdle. That's where the head of Might & Magic development at Ubisoft comes in. He said Ubisoft hasn't done anything like that in the past but he said he's "not closing doors". That's what I have so far. I will update as soon as I know more.

Oh and I should also note that they both seem enthusiastic about helping with the effort so that's always a good sign.

This is very interesting. Even if it doesn't happen it is cool that this guy seems eager to help and is trying! Would really make me respect Ubisoft if they green lit this.

thedoctor45
lithium

Post#37 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:49 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
thedoctor45 wrote:any word on if this build of the game he owns is actually more complete or stable than the version we currently know of (v0.800 dated 11/08/2000).

Like I said, he hasn't confirmed whether he has it yet. He's going to look through his files and get back to me. If he has a build of the game, it's most likely the latest/last one though. Whether that's 0.800 or a later version is anyone's guess at this point.

Alright, well I'd definitely appreciate it if you could keep me updated on this as soon as you get more info since I'm actually the one who's currently responsible for the fundraiser.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#38 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Would be a bit ironic if after 2 decades of a beta disc floating around from collector to collector, the game is actually released not from said disc, but the original developers themselves.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#39 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:18 pm

I look forward to news.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#40 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Tarnish wrote:Would be a bit ironic if after 2 decades of a beta disc floating around from collector to collector, the game is actually released not from said disc, but the original developers themselves.

Say 'ello to my lil Thrill Kill

:lol: