'L.O.L. - Lack Of Love' English Translation (Patch)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: 'L.O.L. - Lack Of Love' English Translation (Patch)

Post#31 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Agreed!

BTW, thanx to Shindougo, fafadou, Japanese cake and anyone else I missed for this game.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#32 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:47 am

Thanks Rolly and his team instead if me,I did nothing for this game ;-)

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#33 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:46 am

streeker wrote:For those of you, who want a proper GDI image of this, here's the thing:

1. The GDI image with VGA fix provided by japanese-cake doesn't have "VGA support" checked within the IP.BIN. So, although VGA is fixed, it just won't boot on real hardware. Solution: alter the IP.BIN using IPBIN4WIN.exe before rebuilding the GDI image, check "VGA BOX supported" and press "Patch". Also, this version isn't translated...

2. The patch files of the English translation ( https://www.mediafire.com/file/dpvpoupq ... 1.zip/file ) have all the .SFD movies downsampled and re-encoded in order to have the game fitting on a regular CD-R. Since these movies don't contain any Japanese text or dialogue, there's no need to use these lower quality files for a GDI image. Solution: don't copy over ALL of the files. Leave out 0GDTEX.PVR, 101.BIN and the whole folder DATA\MOVIES and you'll be fine.

gdmenu doesn't do VGA patching on this game like it can with some other GDI's?

Do you think there will be a fully ready to go GDI with English, not downsampled FMVs, and VGA patch playable on real hardware any time soon?

im not good at keeping up with this stuff...

also looking for more feedback on the game for people who have played it!

streeker
fragger

Post#34 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:27 pm

areyareadyherewego wrote:Do you think there will be a fully ready to go GDI with English, not downsampled FMVs, and VGA patch playable on real hardware any time soon?

Well, I have built a fully patched GDI. The notes were written while I've been going through and testing different approaches. It's been successfully tested with USB-GDROM (I don't have a GDemu) and VGA as well as RGB. If there's anybody, who would volunteer for uploading it to MEGA (or something similar lasting)? I don't have an account over there...

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#35 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:13 pm

I'm sorry there are not enough space on mine MEGA storage.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#36 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:48 am

I played it on my NTSC/U Dreamcast original non-modded console with the link fafadou gave me. I burned it on a CD-R and used a VGA cable successfully.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#37 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:58 am

that media fire link doesn't seem to be working? from fafadou

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#38 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:07 pm

fafadou's MF link working on me end just tried

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#39 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:24 am

@streeker could you share your gdi with no downsampling version even temporary ?
Probably someone can save it for others.

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#40 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:48 pm

ok so how is the game for people who have given it a try?

:D