Review Request: MTV Sports: Skateboarding

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nz17
St.Jimmy

Review Request: MTV Sports: Skateboarding

Post#1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:15 pm

I haven't been able to find many reviews or videos of MTV Sports: Skateboarding. Of those reviews that I have found, most of them have been non-English reviews. Of the English reviews, most of those aren't of the Dreamcast version. Of those that were of the Dreamcast version, most of them were rude, biased, unhelpful, or spent the entire review comparing the game to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 or 2. I know it is not Tony Hawk Pro Skater: that's the whole point!

So I turn to you, Dreamcast Talk community: What are some good, fair reviews of MTV Sports: Skateboarding reviewed on its own merits? Furthermore, what are your opinions of the game?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Review Request: MTV Sports: Skateboarding

Post#2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:49 pm

I "had" it as PS1 rental eons ago and did make progress did enjoy it =} Even as skateboard enthusiast

Dreamcast haven't put much into it I can't get around controls no more last I booted I know the great fafadou made me a CDI with japanese-cake's VGA patch if you'd like to see

Also for me Tony Hawk way too much hype for what they are I am most fond of THRASHER Skate & Destroy and damn it Z-Axis they went forward to do Dave Mirra BMXs instead I wished they would have re-visit skateboarding and made challenges instead of simple score attack

Being chased down by cop/mugger/dog from their first person was rad n spooky too n dang that game showed me rap not crap music

ELJarrodo
shadow

Post#3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:15 am

I personally found it unplayable. I think the reason you found reviews comparing it to Tony Hawk is that the game is trying to be a Tony Hawk clone. The controls and trick system just felt very awkward to me.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:41 pm

This MTV Sports: Skateboarding game I have never played.
After reading the comments here, I'm curious to check it out.