Sega smash pack vs sega genesis mini

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
RobisMarshall
minority

Sega smash pack vs sega genesis mini

Post#1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:39 pm

So I bought a genesis mini the 2nd week it was out, and I have been playing it pretty regularly but sometimes I miss the poor emulation of smash pack. Yes yes I know the genesis does what smash pack dont, but there is something about the soft beebs and boops in streets of rage 2 and the slowdown that extends your time in sonic that makes me feel right at home. I know I am probably alone in this but what are your favorite games on the smash pack, for me its altered beast and streets of rage 2. Genesis mini I love shining force and wonderboy.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Re: Sega smash pack vs sega genesis mini

Post#2 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:52 pm

i dont have the genesis mini, i do want one though. but with smash pack 1 i can play virtua cop with the light gun :) genesis mini dont

RobisMarshall
minority

Post#3 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 am

Fair enough lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:30 am

Smash pack you can added what ever game and the russian hack you can change the sound Shine force works perfect on it
RobisMarshall wrote:So I bought a genesis mini the 2nd week it was out, and I have been playing it pretty regularly but sometimes I miss the poor emulation of smash pack. Yes yes I know the genesis does what smash pack dont, but there is something about the soft beebs and boops in streets of rage 2 and the slowdown that extends your time in sonic that makes me feel right at home. I know I am probably alone in this but what are your favorite games on the smash pack, for me its altered beast and streets of rage 2. Genesis mini I love shining force and wonderboy.

Ian Micheal wrote:
SMiTH wrote:247 who knows? the folklore about bleemcast is so vast, does anyone know what is truth?

as for the russian dreamon compilation sega smash pack hack that sounds interesting too..

Just dont know who has the russian sega dreamon pack the gui is very nice custom work for sure i can put it up.. Thing is it's all in order the file structure is not the same as the others.. all the file dates are 2001.. I had this for a very long time.. gui and use it much better then the one normal found at the time lol..

Here's the selfboot for that with the 300games.. I like it for the gui lol has cfg for each rom that you can change by hand for things lol.. lot of work someone did.. all the roms are in SGA format when you run a rom takes you to the normal smashpak menu then start.. to get back to select other games press start and a b x y together in the smash pack menu put return to menu goes back to the nice dreamon gui..

Download
https://mega.nz/#!Puhh2AbJ!2XiO6u9wgnRK ... 05eDVQkeZk

RobisMarshall
minority

Post#5 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:25 am

Wow that looks amazing

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:51 am

RobisMarshall wrote:Wow that looks amazing

Download is there use img burn it play it on dreamcast

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#7 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:28 pm

Is this the best sega emu on the dreamcast? I'd like to add in the fullset for gdemu.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 pm

deluxux wrote:Is this the best sega emu on the dreamcast? I'd like to add in the fullset for gdemu.

Not really but it was made by sega.. has the best gui of any of the segen loaders Want a fast play of some games then give it a try

lot work was put into this very custom so not easy to add a fullset of anything any ways no fullset works on any gen emulator for dreamcast these are what works best on it.. was sold in russia

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:56 pm

My first times playing Streets of Rage 2 were on the dreamcast smash pack. I kinda enjoyed the off pitch soundtrack. One night around 2003 or so, me and a friend stayed up to like 3am playing SOR2 on smash pack and we got really far in it. It was the first time I ever saw several of the later levels in the game. It was a magical experience.

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#10 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:06 pm

I have a genesis mini too and have never messed with genesis emu on dc.

I'm assuming genesis mini has better quality emulation since its made by M2 ... no?

was that Genesis emu compilation Russian disc readily available back in the day? I only vaguely recall hearing about emu on dc but it was like a fog of a memory like Bleemcast for me

always curious of the history of these things lol