Does any1 know howto get DC-IE or DC-X to selfboot plain files?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Does any1 know howto get DC-IE or DC-X to selfboot plain files?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:29 am

I have the extracted .bin for DC-IE, it is more than likely encrypted?
I can't get the .bin file to boot because no CD00 is found in hex for binhacking the LBA.

DC-X, and DC-IE disks have protections, so the data can't be extracted properly.
I changed the scan settings in isobuster to allow both big endian and little endian to be read.
This really does not help lol.

Can anyone give me any advice on howto extract the data, when there are protections on disk that cause bad sectors (crc errors etc) when ripping the iso?
Is knowing ASM the only way to decrypt a .bin file that uses a different scrambling routine than what can be descrambled with public dc tools?
How do I find the offsets to edit without knowing ASM?

If I can never figure this out, I guess I could simply recreate the file structure of the disk to place the .bin at the LBA it was originally.
But, I would rather do something else.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Does any1 know howto get DC-IE or DC-X to selfboot plain files?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:43 am

For me, descramble files made by SWAT works each time.