Idea for Bleemcast

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
ShindouGo
Power Stone

Idea for Bleemcast

Post#1 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:41 pm

Good evening,

I wanted to reply to the subject "Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*" but it was refused to me because I never posted a message on the forum before I guess :)
It was I think in the continuity of this message.

I have been registered on this forum for some time but I had not yet dared to post a message.
I have been consulting it regularly for a few months and I find a lot of information there thanks to the many experienced members who are present.
I would like to offer you an idea I had to try to make the Bleemcasts of the 3 games work.
I thought that instead of trying to extract the 1st_read.bin, we could try to keep the original track.

For this, as there are defective tracks made on purpose to prevent precisely extracting the boot file, I simply had the idea of ​​extracting the entire track with the errors.
So I have a track01.bin file of 145 MB (I used the "GD-ROM Explorer" software) which corresponds to session 2 containing the emulator.
I start by burning my PSX game in session 1 and in session 2 I burned my new_track01.bin after modifying the LBA with mkisofs (mkisofs -C 0,new_LBA -l -o new_track01.bin track01.bin).

Unfortunately, I get to the CD player when I launch in Demul.
It seems to be missing a binhack which is not possible to do because there is no 1st_read.bin file.
There must therefore be a modification of the LBA to be made somewhere in the new_track01.bin directly with a Hexadecimal editor.
The whole thing would be to have the original value and then the one to modify to test.

Is there someone with the skills and knowledge to find the hexadecimal values to modify ? For my part I do not have them :)

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Re: Idea for Bleemcast

Post#2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:11 am

I just realized that the mkisofs command does not work. It creates a "new_track01.bin" containing a single file: "track01.bin". It remains to find the command to modify the LBA in an existing image.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#3 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:56 am

Well obviously nothing is going as it should ... The track01.bin that I extracted with "GDROM Explorer" is not good. It contains the 2 sessions and the 2 tracks ...
Anyone know of another way to extract the second track only?

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#4 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:32 am

ShindouGo wrote:Well obviously nothing is going as it should ... The track01.bin that I extracted with "GDROM Explorer" is not good. It contains the 2 sessions and the 2 tracks ...
Anyone know of another way to extract the second track only?

I correct: the image track01.bin is good. I just have to figure out how to change the LBA value.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:11 pm

All you had to do was make an introductory post and get above a certain post limit to be able to post in that section. You have a post count of 10 now so you should be able to post there. However, you are not going to get Bleem running from within any emulator. Too much protections to begin with, and running an emulator from an emulator is just unproductive. Unlikely to ever work.

The 3 retail discs work already burned from backups. They are posted on this site in the Bleem downloads section. So not sure what you are trying to achieve here? They were cracked in 2009, and again in 2011 to skip the disc check. So there is a version now you can attempt to load other games from the retails.

A developer in the Dreamcast community is working on removing all protections from them however, not just a crack to make run from backup. This would allow us to run the retails from GDEMU, USBGDROM, Dreamshell ect. Currently only GDEMU allows it to my knowledge and that is only the beta emulator. It was planned to update the firmware with a fix for Bleem retail game boot discs to work, but never released. Removing all protections would allow this, and allow us to make selfbooting discs of those games that work with the retails, both the official discs, and others discovered working with disc check skipped.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#6 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Thanks for all this info :) So I'm going to wait for someone to successfully extract the files to be able to selfboot ;)