half life?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
dreamcast459
dark night

half life?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:00 am

anyone happen to know where i can download a reputable copy of half life gold for the dreamcast most of the links on google dont seem to work for me or they link me to a copy of crazy taxi lol

sorry if this is not allowed

KLXboy
rebel

Re: half life?

Post#3 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:28 pm

https://replayers.org/dc-iso/half-life-canceled-dc-iso/
My favorite source for CDI dreamcast files
PSO v2 username: Mike
Q3A username: KLXboy

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:36 pm

It's fine but there is a better version with a bit optimized load times only matters if your running it from a cdr.. it's a good place you posted I dont think it's good to post that on the forum other then it links to indie games that might still be sold

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:11 pm

Well, chit!!!

I checked the Google Doc just see DCRes' one

Code: Select all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DDDDDDDDDDDDD                CCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR                                       
D::::::::::::DDD          CCC::::::::::::CR::::::::::::::::R                                       
D:::::::::::::::DD      CC:::::::::::::::CR::::::RRRRRR:::::R                                     
DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D    C:::::CCCCCCCC::::CRR:::::R     R:::::R                                     
  D:::::D    D:::::D  C:::::C       CCCCCC  R::::R     R:::::R    eeeeeeeeeeee        ssssssssss   
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::R     R:::::R  ee::::::::::::ee    ss::::::::::s 
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::RRRRRR:::::R  e::::::eeeee:::::eess:::::::::::::s
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R:::::::::::::RR  e::::::e     e:::::es::::::ssss:::::s
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::RRRRRR:::::R e:::::::eeeee::::::e s:::::s  ssssss
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::R     R:::::Re:::::::::::::::::e    s::::::s     
  D:::::D     D:::::DC:::::C                R::::R     R:::::Re::::::eeeeeeeeeee        s::::::s   
  D:::::D    D:::::D  C:::::C       CCCCCC  R::::R     R:::::Re:::::::e           ssssss   s:::::s
DDD:::::DDDDD:::::D    C:::::CCCCCCCC::::CRR:::::R     R:::::Re::::::::e          s:::::ssss::::::s
D:::::::::::::::DD      CC:::::::::::::::CR::::::R     R:::::R e::::::::eeeeeeee  s::::::::::::::s
D::::::::::::DDD          CCC::::::::::::CR::::::R     R:::::R  ee:::::::::::::e   s:::::::::::ss 
DDDDDDDDDDDDD                CCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRR     RRRRRRR    eeeeeeeeeeeeee    sssssssssss   
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
===================================================================================================
                           Dreamcast Resurrection - 2009 (since 2008)
===================================================================================================
Check for more releases at these forums:
snesorama.us (all releases)
segahub.org (recent releases)
dreamcast-talk.com (recent releases)
---------
Half-Life
---------
Ripped: Nothing.
Downsampled: According to MUDS readme, audio was downsampled. I can't be sure what was done though.
Source: MUDS release (oRARs).

This is the leaked unreleased Half-Life for Dreamcast, as most of you know. A very annoying thing
on this game is the loading times, that appears all the time. I made my best to make them faster.
For that, I added a nice dummy file (around 210mb) and optimized file order the best I could. Of
course I can't make miracles, like making it load as fast as in the PC version, but loading times
got much better and the game is now more enjoyable. I doubt there is anything else to do about
this version.

Just a note, if you want to play only Blue Shift, Mr. Override has released a version only with
its files, so loadings are probably slighty faster than this one. I can't be sure though, I haven't
tested his release, but I'm just commenting in case you want to try it.

The game has the original Half-Life game and the expansion Blue Shift. Saving is fully working,
but files have variable size and are big, so I recommend you using a dedicated VMU. There are
some slowdowns around the game, but in general, it's a good port that deserves a try.

Features of my release:
- Includes all the content, it's not a ripped release.
- Saving fully working. You're encouraged to use a dedicated VMU.
- Dummied for 700mb CDs. It means faster loading times.
- Used custom file order, it means faster loadings and less Dreamcast reader noise.
- Selfboot.

About the game:
- It has VGA Box support.

Other comments:
- "Extras" folder in the pack contains some useless stuff.
- Pack comes with a custom cover set that I found on Internet.

GeekOB
shadow

Post#7 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi, I'm looking for this as well, haven't been able to make it work :(

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:27 pm

You have to burn Half-Life with Alcohol 120% to have the best results, despite still being a .cdi image. Even the mods are just finicky and work best when burnt with

If you want the optimized version as well as every single released total conversion modification as well as the 2018 released earlier beta release get my 3+gb archive here.

https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/h ... -pack.269/

GeekOB
shadow

Post#9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:49 am

Thanks @Anthony817, perhaps I should have mentioned I'm trying to play this using the Redream emulator on Raspberry Pi 4. I tried all the versions inside your archive without success, perhaps a modded bios file is required?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#10 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:02 am

If you are french there is also a french version patch.