GDEMU 'Pro' clone variant hitting the market - Resident Evil & Sonic themed

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
areyareadyherewego
photon blast

GDEMU 'Pro' clone variant hitting the market - Resident Evil & Sonic themed

Post#1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:23 pm

They look cool, but Im happy with my plain looking clone I bought a few months ago

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Re: GDEMU 'Pro' clone variant hitting the market - Resident Evil & Sonic themed

Post#2 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:30 pm

id get another one for and use my old one as a back up if theyre priced about the same. does look cool.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:57 am

What's so 'pro' about them exactly? The extra heatsinks they have on the Sonic one?

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#4 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:16 am

Tarnish wrote:What's so 'pro' about them exactly? The extra heatsinks they have on the Sonic one?

Yeah both are bogus lol

I think the heat sinks are to cover for using generic chips / being too lazy to print the labels on the generics

megavolt85
Developer

Post#5 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:31 pm

It is brilliant, print silkscreen, which is not visible when the console is assembled, put radiators on chips that do not warm up
Qualitative divorce for money for undisputed functionality

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#6 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:07 pm

megavolt85 wrote:It is brilliant, print silkscreen, which is not visible when the console is assembled, put radiators on chips that do not warm up
Qualitative divorce for money for undisputed functionality

The heat sink is total nonsense... agreed . I really wish they didn't do that, or the over labeled 'fast performance' things on underside... but its the underside

The gdemu pro square logo in bottom left is ugly too, Biohazard logo is way better

& People do see the PCB's though, when you do a card swap / disc swap button press / just want to see what it looks like every once in a while

More visible with clear shells too

that clear red Dreamcast shell with Umbrella logo instead of Dreamcast and the Biohazard GDEMU 'Pro' is a nice aesthetic combo

Even the creator likes alternate versions, with these three green board 'anniversary editions'

https://gdemu.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/ ... e-perfect/

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#7 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:10 pm

i just want a damn gdemu.
i will be happy with any version lol
i don't care if it includes a strobe light, a fog machine, heatsinks for no reason, and silkscreen gfx of miley cyrus on a wrecking ball.
the next clone gdemu will get the metaljesusrocks treatment with 9999999 led's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmaN-ZTRqo

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#8 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:27 am

So are the gdemu clones good? How much are they?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Of course they are good. You can get them for $40 or so. I have had mine for a year and can't complain. You can't update the firmware on them just yet, not unless the clone makers release their own firmwares. The reason is clones have slightly different chips and firmwares in order to make them work they hacked the firmware slightly. Thus if you update the firmware you will brick it. No worries though since they are already using later firmware updates and the only issue, Bleemcast protection with the retails is being patched out by Japanese Cake, so no protections will be on them allowing it to load from all ODE emu projects. As of now you can only load the Bleem beta stuff, but hey, everything else works great and at $40 you can;t go wrong!

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#10 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Wrath of Khan wrote:So are the gdemu clones good? How much are they?

its so worth it and i got mine for like 65$ but i think you can find cheaper if you look around