It was just the 25th anniversary of Saturn in JP - what are your views of the system?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Re: It was just the 25th anniversary of Saturn in JP - what are your views of the system?

Post#11 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:15 pm

I still think Saturn has this enigmatic quality the Dreamcast doesn't nearly as much... but maybe its because I owned one back in the day and never a Saturn haha

Perhaps its also because I think Saturn was an even bigger commercial failure in NA than Dreamcast, even tho DC was the nail in the coffin of course

beanboy
Wazza

Re: It was just the 25th anniversary of Saturn in JP - what are your views of the system?

Post#12 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:39 pm

My impression of the saturn in 2020, is that it is a really nice console. Wish I had one back then. Saturn and dreamcast shouldn't have ended up the way they did though.

People who had a Saturn were definitely blessed. And it has good racing games too.
X-men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter all da way! :D

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#13 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:26 pm

My views today about the system are two:
1-Better than PS1
2-Must be emulated in Dreamcast (or games ported!)

greetings
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 pm

All my friends would say the Dreamcast is my true love but it's really the Saturn. I've come to appreciate it for what it is over the years and not what it could have been (a trap many DC and Saturn fans fall into). I appreciate the love it got in peripherals and games even if most of those end up being imports for me (I'm USA). As a gamer in 2020 I definitely appreciate the clean video output of the Saturn compared to its contemporaries. No atrocious dithering like the PSX and no blur filter like the N64. It has its faults but it also has its charm.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

beanboy
Wazza

Post#15 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:33 pm

It's a very good system. And I plan on getting one soon.
Six button controller all the way! :D

Saturn has Street Fighter Alpha 2, Vampire Hunter 2, X-men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter, Nights, Panzer Dragoon etc on it, so that says alot. And of course, you can't forget the famous Virtua Fighter 2.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:01 am

I got me first M1 almost a year ago I've Pseudo'd her I love Biohazard 1 on it and really see the challenge to push 3D on it

So PS1 has bigger better library personally but I really appreciate having me Saturn! I s-vid it on my smaller set, I'm afraid a 32" may be too beefed up o.0

TigerMacZ
undertow

Post#17 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:24 am

Saturn is very underrated... I misjudged it when it first came out and with the whole scenario with us not getting certain games etc and pulling the plug on it... bought my own saturn last november and i have to say its a fantastic machine with loads of good games, rpgs,arcade ports... fighting games etc. I wish i had one sooner.

Then again Saturn dreamcast and the megadrive are all equal to me cause they all had some great games on them