bleemcast selfboot script 64bit OS, works! :)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

bleemcast selfboot script 64bit OS, works! :)

Post#1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:31 am

GOT IT WORKING.
I WILL POST A TUTORIAL AND SCRIPT SOON.
:)
Last edited by SMiTH on Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: might have figured out howto get bleemcast selfboot script to work in 64bit OS, need test

Post#2 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:30 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:not sure how it works we could replace it with something..

IPINS need for very old mkisofs
use last mkisofs

Code: Select all

echo: [ ++ Bleemcast Selfboot Script by Override -- ]
echo: [ -- Props to original Bleem team ++ ]
echo: [ ++ and Echelon selfboot tools -- ]
echo: off
set scsi_id= X,X,X
set speed= X
set gamename= XXXXX
cdrecord -dev=%scsi_id% -msinfo > msinfo.txt
mkisofs -C @msinfo.txt -V %gamename% -l -x IP.BIN -G ./IP.BIN -o data.iso data
del msinfo.txt
cdrecord -dev=%scsi_id% -xa1 speed=%speed% data.iso
cdrecord -dev=%scsi_id% -eject
del data.iso

Not sure if you seen this quote from Megavolt85?
But selfboot images do work on GDEMU with a more recent fw
What we really need is a virtual burner, for no CD-R at all. We can use CD-RW but they wear out quickly.
Try this app on 64bit windows.
https://www.virtualcd-online.com/
"Virtual Burner included, The Virtual CD program not only lets you create virtual drives-you can create virtual burners, too. A VCD virtual burner can be used with any Windows application just like a physical CD/DVD/BluRay burner."

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: might have figured out howto get bleemcast selfboot script to work in 64bit OS, need test

Post#3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:41 pm

I was unaware that newer gdemu fw allows bleem selfboots to work.
Thank you for the info.

-G IP.BIN does not work for bleemcast.

As far as 64bit virtual drives, I have tried many.
The problem is that msinfo will give errors even when the aspi layer is working with the virtual drive.
But it doesn't mean that some1 couldn't find a compatible virtual drive that will actually retrieve the msinfo without errors.
Also you need to find a virtual drive that will mount .cue files since most psx game backups use .cue files.

Being able to create bleem selfboot .cdi's in a 64bit OS even while needing to burn to a cd-r is still something that is needed.
Most ppl don't want to use an older 32bit OS or a virtual machine to simply create bleemcast selfboots.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 pm

Retails still obviously don't work, but Bleemshell menu was really only made to make it easier to have all games in 1 SD card and selectable from a nice menu with redefined controls and the ability to have disc art and possibly gameshark/AR cheats in the future. The selfbooting ones have worked since 2015 I believe?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:05 pm

I hate to quote myself but...

deluxux wrote:DreamShell is booting the bleem beta binary and giving you a list like gdmenu to pick a psx cdi. It is more compatible because some games use data in the audio tracks CD-XA. And CDDA on some games is working with full buttons mapped. This is emulating using the bleem beta and a swap disc for a real ps1 game and not a selfboot game that only has the 1st data track.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:10 pm

thanks for the info anthony817, deluxux

so has any1 tested the cdi i posted?
i'd like to find out if this script works.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#7 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:43 pm

ill test it here soon.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:47 pm

Ok, I got it to work.
I went through boxes at storage and got my damn dreamcast lol
The bleemcast script works for 64bit. :)
The first .cdi i posted earlier does not work. (also chrono trigger doesnt work even after removing .str) :x

I modified the script again and found a cdrdao frontend that will burn .cue files and leave the session open.

I will put together a tutorial and upload the new script soon.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: bleemcast selfboot script 64bit OS, works! :)

Post#9 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:31 pm

photo_2019-10-03_22-36-37.jpg

Just tested it. (sorry i was busy playing monaco online)
Freezes at the menu screen.
Id love to see a "workflow" video.
https://www.vlchelp.com/how-to-record-desktop/
set it to 40+ FPS if you have enough CPU power
Last edited by deluxux on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: bleemcast selfboot script 64bit OS, works! :)

Post#10 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:32 pm

hellyeah! the Dreamcast is still thinking!