Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#201 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:56 am

deluxux wrote:Any Idea we can use this with BleemShell?

It is a proof of concept to show why we need each beta color cracked.
The cracked blue beta does work for booting games.
The other colors are encrypted.

Anthony817 wrote:I think he wants this to be used in the theoretical event that somebody cracks the other Bleem beta colors. So I don't see much use in using it on Bleemshell since megavolt could just add a setting in the menu to load cores, like my idea with switching between retails and beta for games. I reckon we would have to use like "Press X key to choose core to load" setting or something similar for each game.

But Smith is on the right track here, just we need to see if maybe JC could look at doing the other betas later on. I think he is probably tired of my asking him about Bleem protections at this point though haha. Been asking him for the bast year.

Yes, exactly.
This multimenu could be used for selfboot bleemed disks.
BleemShell could eventually have cores like you suggest.
The ultimate goal would be to have all of the beta colors and all of the retail bins available to choose from before booting a game.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#202 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:05 pm

And back to the tinfoil thread...

So, if sony lost the lawsuit with bleem! then no nda would have been signed.
What i suspect happened was that when rand went to work at sony he signed an nda that entailed him to never mention anything related to the bleem source code and/or he implemented his code to be used on the ps3 hardware?
Think about what that would be like.
After a company destroys your business, you then goto work for them.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#203 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:57 pm

Actually, these kind of deals happen. Rand could not financially defeat Sony, and it is in Sony's interest to make a deal. Cheaper to hire Rand than pay lawyer fees.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#204 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:29 am

It was actually speculated that his tech for Bleem went on to be used in the PS3 with not only the PSX emulator, but also the PS2 software emulator, which any jailbroke PS3 can still make use of if not an early backwards compatible system. They valued compatibility over enhancements though. The quite unfortunate thing here, insofar as the PSX emulation goes is that there were absolutely NO enhancements done to the PSX games. PS2 games already look damn nice. But I still wish they at least had 480p resolution on all the PSX games.

Also think about it, the PS2 software emulator can run close to like 99% of PS2 games perfectly fine. Still better compatibility than community made PS2 emulators on PC... That should be proof enough there right? I mean people will argue that, Well yes it is Sony they know their systems inside and out" but the emulators for the PSX and PS2 are great, and make up for not having a backwards compatible fat system so long as your console is jailbroke.

A modded PS3 is up there for me, in my top 5 systems I would say. Just because it is an emulation powerhouse basically as the OG Xbox is, but way more powerful and easily softmodded unlike the 360 which is also one of my favorite systems of all time. I keep my 360 stock to play online games on it.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#205 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:Actually, these kind of deals happen. Rand could not financially defeat Sony, and it is in Sony's interest to make a deal. Cheaper to hire Rand than pay lawyer fees.

Yes, it is truly sad that in the real world the good guys always lose.

Anthony817 wrote:It was actually speculated that his tech for Bleem went on to be used in the PS3 with not only the PSX emulator, but also the PS2 software emulator.

I think this is the reason why rand has always taken the position of "bleem is dead, let it be" and "the code will never be released".
Rand has recently stated that he will release his amiga software and other projects to various communities, and he will also donate stuff to a gaming museum.
Bleem? well it is up to our community to do anything with it.
Last edited by SMiTH on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#206 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Rand Linden wrote:No versions were ever "distributed" -- they were sent, under NDA, to beta testers for testing.

So, they sent bleemcast betas to the beta testers?
Why would the cracked version that we have be from the rainbow book "leak"?
If each color beta was locked to a specific color dreamcast, then how would a beta tester be able to test the beta without owning a specific colored dreamcast w/ bios mod?

Let me again call out bullshit on this idea.

Bleem was a small company and I could see internal testing maybe having these color builds for different corresponding colored dreamcasts.
But to think that the beta tester who leaked the beta (XeroX)....actually leaks a beta that he was sent and this beta tester also needed a modified bios dreamcast with some type of color indicating it only worked with a specific color beta LOL.

If some1 could give me a logical explanation as to why any1 employ this method of testing beta software i.e different color betas (allegedly the same builds) locked to corresponding colored dreamcasts...what the hell would be the point of doing this? makes more sense if they were actually different builds.

What irritates me the most is that the majority of people just take all of this at face value and never question a damn thing.
They would rather take the word of some unknown cracker from 17 years ago that all colors are the same build.
We have NEVER seen any of these other beta colors cracked <----

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#207 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:04 am

I think all we can do at this point is ask JC about it. That dude is excellent at his craft. I might ask him about looking into the other colors after he releases the retail emulator code with all protections removed. He would be the best person to ask what he thinks about your theory anyways. I just don't want to seem like I am bugging the guy too much, as I have asked him about the bleem protections project and his bios he hasn't updated since 2016 in about a few weeks time like a month ago.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#208 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:48 pm

omg I jus re-played Tekken 3 PS1 when the credits roll Bleem! cuts the announcer off L0L but it's so easy to miss

The King of Iron Fist- song starts

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#209 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:58 am

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#210 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:28 am

Cancelled Bleemcast Disks:

bleem! for Dreamcast - Final Fantasy IX (bleem!, LLC)
bleem! for Dreamcast - Metal Gear Solid Integral (bleem!, LLC)
bleem! for Dreamcast - WWF Smackdown (bleem!, LLC)
bleem! for Dreamcast - WWF Smackdown 2 (bleem!, LLC)
bleem! for Dreamcast: bleempak A (bleem!, LLC)
bleem! for Dreamcast: bleempak B (bleem!, LLC)
bleem! for Dreamcast: bleempak C (bleem!, LLC)
bleem! for Dreamcast: bleempak D (bleem!, LLC)