Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#261 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:38 am

SMiTH wrote:any updates about bleem from japanese cake?

has any1 tried alexfree's CDRDAO Fork & APrip?

aprip:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16088

cdrdao:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16182

maybe this could fix bleemed psx games that normally goto a black screen or fail to boot?

I really want to try this very soon :)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#262 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:57 am

updated the first post with some more bleem info.

did you notice that the bleem beta tester from reddit went ghost?
https://old.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... nofficial/

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#263 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:09 am

SMiTH wrote:updated the first post with some more bleem info.

did you notice that the bleem beta tester from reddit went ghost?
https://old.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... nofficial/

Yeah lol prolly thought about it and went crap ... :lol:

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#264 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:21 am

the bleem stuff is weird.
no matter what direction you take, you still hit a wall.

obviously I should have directed the bleem beta tester to the site and not a tinfoil thread.
but, at this point I'm over the semantics and a formal approach.

when this thread originally started it was meant to delve into any and all bleemcast stuff, and go off the rails every now and then.
the idea was simply to get others interested in the bleem software.
in some ways it did just that.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#265 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:38 am

I asked ChatGPT to read this thread and it said:
As an AI language model, I am capable of reading and understanding the content of the link you provided. However, I cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information on external websites.

That being said, the link you provided leads to a discussion forum post on Dreamcast-Talk.com about Bleem!Cast. The post includes information about the history of the product, its features, and the controversy surrounding its release.

The post also includes some speculation and rumors about the existence of other color variants of Bleem!Cast beyond the red packaging that was officially released. Some users in the discussion suggest that there may have been blue, green, and yellow variants, but again, there is no concrete evidence to support this claim.

Overall, the post provides some interesting information about Bleem!Cast and its impact on the gaming industry, but it's important to approach any information found on internet forums with a critical eye and to verify information through reputable sources.

Do you know anything about The revolution gamers, the cross figure group, and u2k? Do you know what websites they were active on?

As an AI language model, I can tell you that "The Revolution Gamers" and "The Cross Figure Group" were online groups or communities of gamers and software enthusiasts who were active in the late 1990s and early 2000s. These groups were known for their involvement in the Dreamcast homebrew and hacking scenes, and some members of these groups were also involved in the development and distribution of unauthorized versions of Bleem!Cast and other software.

I do not have specific information on the websites that these groups were active on, as there were likely many different forums and online communities that they participated in. However, some popular websites for the Dreamcast homebrew and hacking scenes during that time period included DCemu, DCEvolution, and Dreamcast-Talk.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#266 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:46 pm

ChatGPT is almost like asking an internet oracle for advice. Very cool to see how coherently it writes pertinent information.

Xbox homebrew devs have actually already started using it to help optimize homebrew ports to that system. I bet the same could be done for DC if any up and coming devs were to ask it the right information to help learn the ropes.

aloe
noob

Post#267 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:09 pm

So would this be a good place to ask why the Bleem cracked CDIs I'm burning get into a reset loop after the "Licensed by Sega Enterprises" screen?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#268 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:58 pm

You have to burn them with VERY specific settings especially if the versions hacked to skip disc check to allow swapping with other games.

To burn the version in the download link directly above, I had to burn it slightly differently to the 2009 cracked release, so try these settings.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lxaw7 ... w4bX89VubK

Burn with Disc juggler 6.0 and use these settings. In advanced settings tab, select Audio mode, Block 2352, TOC CD-DA. If for some reason those settings don't work, change the setting to CD-XA. That was required for some other people, but not myself. I wasted 20+ discs before these settings were discovered to be required. Burning them the same way as the original release yielded wasted discs.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#269 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:14 am

deluxux wrote:Do you know anything about The revolution gamers, the cross figure group, and u2k? Do you know what websites they were active on?

I have yet to find any releases besides the original cracked bleem blue beta by The revolution gamers, the cross figure group, and u2k.

If we have the cracked bleem blue beta and the encrypted bleem blue beta, why can't the method used to crack the bleem blue beta be found?
Then use the same method for each bleem beta color.

How far along is japanesecake with the bleem retails?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#270 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:54 pm

I think JC all but gave up at this point. I stopped asking him about it years ago because I do not want to be a beggar as stuff like this is such a gargantuan task to do. I feel that if he makes progress he will share it. So best to just stay patient with things like this so as not to alienate the poor guy.

However, I am sure maybe it has been long enough. I am sure if somebody were to ask him he would not mind answering but I hate to be the only one bothering him about it lol.