Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Code: Select all

More than likely the source of the bleemcast beta leak (XeroX)

(source: https://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=29658)
Rod Maher wrote:These betas were used for internal testing right throughout development. Obviously there were a lot of them, but none are meant for the public. As far as I know this is the only leak.

Rod Maher wrote:There were *NEVER* any beta versions that were released -- this one was an early version that was NOT released, but was leaked by an internal beta tester almost a year ago.

Rod Maher wrote:This build was from May 2000 ... which makes it almost three years old now, and a full year difference from the actual released product.

dreamadictos.com wrote:The famous image that changed the direction of DC users, seeing that if there was a Universal emulator of all PSX games, it was owned by a beta tester called XeroX ..

#PsxDev FAQ wrote:And greetz fly out to: Xerox, FoxFire, Nik, Amerrykan, Brainwalker, Skywalker, Madman, Irka (thx!)

Bleem Beta Build 5/12/2000(source: http://web.archive.org/web/200310200149 ... mcast2.jpg)

Original source of the cracked versions of bleemcast beta:

The revolution gamers & the cross figure group & u2k

(bleemcast_nero_TAO.nrg) mkisofs timestamp: mar 9 02:19:20 2003

(66739.cdi) mkisofs timestamp: mar 9 02:19:20 2003

(BootDisc3.0..cdi) mkisofs timestamp: mar 9 02:19:20 2003

*Timestamps are all the same, each version uses the bleem beta ip.bin

-NFO-

Enjoy the games from legacy of games and respect ya familys man. Love cometh from GOD and GOD only - Legendary U2K aka Tha Don U2K.

Read the 0 file and have fun - The Revolution Gamers

Dreamcast Alpha Boot Disc, Final Version 3.0. 66739/other version number supported.

Plays most Playstationg games and some do not work, all respect goes out the cross figure
group and the revolution gamers, bringing you the best games ever, respect goes out to "the creators of bleem".

You can either test out some of your psx games on the alpha disc , code name Dreambleem or bleemcast or
you can roll over to legacy of games and u2k can let yall know what games do work. We(the revolution gamers) will
test them and release them and u2k can give out the information for yall.

Enjoy and burn with discjuggler, have fun!

-----------

Extracted the heartbreak diary MIL-CD ip.bin and the bleem beta ip.bin compared them both.
This shows where the custom code starts.

-----------

Here is extra info included - BETA Known Protections
================== ==================
- basically what happens is it copies its own data to 0x8c00f??? range
- then decrypts that data using a v.simple algorithm
- a mixture of a key in GR14 and using the XOR instruction

0x8c00f1ec: MOVLL (R2) --> R0
0x8c00f1ee: DT R1 - 1 --> R1; if R1=0, T=1, else T=0
0x8c00f1f0: XOR R0 ^ R13 --> R0
0x8c00f1f2: ADD R0 + R14 --> R0
0x8c00f1f4: XOR R14 ^ R13 --> R14
0x8c00f1f6: SUB R13 - R0 --> R13
0x8c00f1f8: MOVLS R0 --> (R2)

-----------

Here is an excerpt from jeffma & BrianRus .nfo's from 2003 in regards to "all bleem beta colors are the same":

Yes this is a beta, bleemcast.
This is the BLUE version.
Just in case you're wondering about the other 4 versions/colors of bleemcast... the person who cracked it found they are all identical.
Props to the folks that made this happen!

Here is an excerpt from the "leaked" all colors "betatester" txt in regards to "all bleem beta colors are the same":

[04:30] <Betatester> Well, each one was encoded to only work on that specific DC
[05:16] <Me> i mean different color dc's got different builds
[05:24] <Betatester> Well, I'm really not sure if they were different builds or not.  I'm thinking that he might have done some kind of encoding on them, AFTER he did the builds, to make it work on the individual DC's.  But, I don't know that for sure.  He might have had the encoding done during the build itself, in which case they would be different builds for each color

-----------

we have 1 source for the original cracked blue, "The revolution gamers & the cross figure group & u2k"
hearsay from jeffma & BrianRus .nfo's in 2003..
and speculation from a "beta tester" in the "leaked" all colors txt..

this is what every1 bases their opinion on about all beta colors are the same.

yet we have never seen each color cracked.

thoughts?
;)

-----------

List of things that are needed:

Each color of the beta bleem binaries cracked: BLUE, GREEN, ORANGE, PURPLE, YELLOW
Proof of the method used to crack each color beta binary.
Proof of the type of encryption used for each color beta binary.
Then a file comparison after each color beta binary has been cracked to show any similarities or differences. (hex editor, and ASM)
-----
A working method of creating a bleemcast beta boot disk (BLEEM.NRG) based off of the BUILDNRG.BAT found in the "leaked" archive.
Using everything as originally intended in the batch file i.e : 2 temp files created, the ISO16.RAW (ip.bin), split.exe, image.nrg, iso.nri, Audio.nra w/ audio.wav, etc.
Then after creating an iso with this batch file, extracting the ip.bin from the image.
-----
A hex comparison of the extracted ip.bin from:
BLEEM.NRG (created from original BUILDNRG.BAT)
Heartbreak Diary MIL-CD (with original file structure)
Show any similarities or differences.
-----
With these things completed it would finally prove or debunk the talk about how each beta bleem binary color is the same.
With these things completed it would finally prove or debunk the talk about how each beta bleem binary color was locked to a specific dreamcast.
-----
Last edited by SMiTH on Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:54 am, edited 15 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:03 am

Well i did fine this i had on an old back up it's supposed be a Final Version 3.0. 66739/other version even thou the boot screen says the same as the normal leaked version maybe somepeople can test it..

So ive had this for 17 years It might be just the sameversion but I was told it's not at the time

Bleem66739.zip
(360.74 KiB) Downloaded 523 times

Cant promise anything it's what i got with an email a long time ago.. guess worth a look..

Bootscreen has the same number but i was told it's not..

One more thing for the bleem conspiracy

I would not get too excited

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#3 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:04 am

OMG thank you Ian.
I owe you the biggest cheeseburger ever!
I'm still going to be excited lol
:)
Last edited by SMiTH on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:09 am

Must be a BK burger.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:12 am

a quadruple BK cheeseburger

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:32 am

With bacon and Jalapenos!

But yeah, I heard all the same stuff. That they were all the same build and everything. Sure seemed like way too much work to protect nothing.

Lets hope megavolt85 can get in here and take a look at the code of this version of Bleem Ian shared.

How the hell did you remember you even had this after 17 years dude lol?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:49 am

Look all beta's even none leaked ones have the same filesize.. example would be radquake 4.7 to the new version every build with code changes is the same bin size kinda of strange..

dont expect this to be new.. it was sent to me email posed as a russion hacker at the time.. i thought it fit in good with the topic..

Oh i have most things in order of year on a 3tb usb hard that i copyed all my cdr's over to from sydney.. some of the stuff i have lost cdr's has disk rot

Like i said i would not claim this to be any change it's how it was told to me in email at the time. i had not seen a cdi version so i kept it.. this was made 2003 by the date all matches the leaked beta just the story in email ... Tinfoil hat needed

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:43 am

Well the size sure seems different to me. This 2.08mb is the size of the extracted Beta Blue. The one you shared is 1.74mb... So seems to me it could be different.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#9 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:49 am

I found a beta bleemcast.zip last night while using webarchive and going back to forum posts in 2003.
The file has the same date 3/9/2003 and filesize of the beta Ian posted.
I am hoping Ian's beta is different.
I am wondering if this is the more recent beta or is that one still locked away over at dcemulation.
What about the e3 beta?
More tinfoil lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:59 am

Only real change i found was the iso size is smaller and the one i posted the bin is a day later file size is not what to look for as all would be the same size even the holy grail one emulator was set at that point it could be recompiled with settings changes without changing file size

bleem.png

Notice the one i put up here is on the right and it was created a full day after the Leaked beta. thats the real thing of this file size matters little
One on the left is the blue bleem beta.. now why create to bins a day apart.. if anything the one i posted was created 1 day after the one we use..

Normal blue one is /8/ something has been done to it

Is it any change i doubt that why i never bothed but it is 1 day later created and edited not the normal blur created on 8 then edited on 9 if you see the picture.. get the tinfoil hat on :)

On an offtopic tinfoil hat has any one seen this russian sega smash hack i have here total hacked compiled frontend
RussianSegagen.png