Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#271 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:21 am

Anthony817 wrote: I hate to be the only one bothering him about it lol.

You're not the only one, but as you, I didn't do it since a very long while ago.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#272 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:47 am

I followed deluxux and asked chatgpt about bleem...

Who were the Revolution Gamers they released dreamcast stuff?

ChatGPT wrote:The Revolution Gamers, also known as "Revolutions," was a group of video game enthusiasts who were involved in the Dreamcast homebrew and modding scene in the early 2000s. They were known for their work in creating and releasing custom Dreamcast software, including game mods, emulators, and other homebrew applications.

One of their most notable releases was the Dreamcast version of the open-source media player software called MPlayer, which allowed users to play a variety of audio and video formats on their Dreamcast consoles. They also released various game mods, including a modified version of the game Quake III Arena that added new weapons and features.

Who was u2k they released dreamcast stuff?

ChatGPT wrote:Utopia/UK (U2K) was a group of video game enthusiasts who were involved in the Dreamcast homebrew and modding scene in the early 2000s. They were known for their work in creating and releasing custom Dreamcast software, including game backups, import games, and other applications.

One of their most notable releases was the "Utopia Boot Disc," which allowed users to play imported and backup games on their Dreamcast consoles. This was particularly useful for gamers who wanted to play games that were not officially released in their region.

Then I input the beta known protections for what I think is the pc version of bleem? Its listed in the first post of this thread.
I doubt it is useful to anyone who already knows this type of stuff but w/e

ChatGPT wrote:This appears to be a sequence of machine code instructions written in hexadecimal format for a computer or microprocessor. Each line represents a single instruction, with the memory address on the left side (e.g., 0x8c00f1ec) and the actual instruction on the right side. Here is a breakdown of each instruction:

MOVLL (R2) --> R0: This instruction moves the value stored in the memory location pointed to by the register R2 into the register R0.
DT R1 - 1 --> R1; if R1=0, T=1, else T=0: This instruction decrements the value stored in the register R1 by 1, and then checks if the result is equal to zero. If it is, the T (test) flag is set to 1; otherwise, it is set to 0.
XOR R0 ^ R13 --> R0: This instruction performs a bitwise XOR operation between the values stored in the registers R0 and R13, and stores the result in R0.
ADD R0 + R14 --> R0: This instruction adds the values stored in the registers R0 and R14, and stores the result in R0.
XOR R14 ^ R13 --> R14: This instruction performs a bitwise XOR operation between the values stored in the registers R14 and R13, and stores the result in R14.
SUB R13 - R0 --> R13: This instruction subtracts the value stored in R0 from the value stored in R13, and stores the result in R13.
MOVLS R0 --> (R2): This instruction moves the value stored in R0 into the memory location pointed to by the register R2, but only if the T flag is set to 1 (i.e., the result of the previous DT instruction was zero).

Can you tell me about the leaked bleemcast betas?

ChatGPT wrote:Bleemcast is a commercial emulator software developed by the company Bleem! that allowed users to play PlayStation games on the Sega Dreamcast console. Bleemcast was released in 2000 and was sold for a price of $19.99 per game.

In the years following Bleem!'s bankruptcy in 2001, several beta versions of Bleemcast were leaked online. These leaked beta versions were incomplete and contained a variety of bugs and glitches, but they also offered a glimpse into the development process behind the software.

Some of the leaked beta versions of Bleemcast included support for games that were not officially supported in the final release, as well as features such as higher-resolution graphics and improved performance. However, because the beta versions were incomplete and unpolished, they were often unstable and prone to crashes or other issues.

Despite the legal and ethical implications of distributing leaked software, the leaked beta versions of Bleemcast remain available online and are often sought after by collectors and enthusiasts of the Dreamcast homebrew scene.

Were there any differences in the leaked bleemcast betas?

ChatGPT wrote:Yes, there were differences in the leaked Bleemcast beta versions. The beta versions of Bleemcast that were leaked online were incomplete and contained bugs and glitches that were not present in the final release. Additionally, some of the beta versions included support for games that were not officially supported in the final release, as well as features such as higher-resolution graphics and improved performance.

For example, some of the leaked beta versions of Bleemcast included support for games such as Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, which was not officially supported in the final release. The beta versions also included experimental features such as the ability to use VGA output and widescreen display modes, which were not present in the final release.

However, because the beta versions were incomplete and unpolished, they were often unstable and prone to crashes or other issues. Additionally, because the beta versions were not officially released by Bleem!, they were not subject to the same level of testing and quality control as the final release.

How many beta versions are there for bleemcast?

ChatGPT wrote:It is difficult to determine the exact number of beta versions of Bleemcast that were produced, as the development process was not well-documented and many of the beta versions were not widely distributed. However, it is known that several beta versions of Bleemcast were produced during the development process, and a few of these versions were leaked online.

Based on the available information, it appears that there were at least four known beta versions of Bleemcast that were leaked online: Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, and Beta 4. There may have been additional beta versions that were not widely distributed or have not been publicly identified.

It is worth noting that the beta versions of Bleemcast were not intended for public release and were only distributed to a limited group of testers for evaluation and feedback. As such, they were incomplete and unstable, and may have contained bugs and other issues that were later fixed in the final version of the software.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#273 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:08 am

This tinfoil thread was created Sep 29, 2019

Here is what we know so far that is not bullshit.

Heartbreak Diary MIL CD ip bin was used to create beta versions.

The cracker of the bleemcast beta is still unknown.

The method to crack the bleemcast betas is still unknown by any1 (except to original crack). <------

No1 has created an iso of the bleem beta using the official miltemp nero method (as used by internal bleem tester/s) <------

The release group of the original leaked bleemcast beta is Utopia/UK (U2K), The Revolution Gamers, also known as "Revolutions," and an unknown source The cross figure group.

The leak of the bleemcast beta was definitely a beta tester.

The leaker of the bleemcast beta is username Xerox in #PsxDev --posted image of the Bleem Beta Build 5/12/2000.

I'm more than 90% sure who leaker is, but it doesn't matter.

The first leaked versions are these sources: Dreamcast Alpha Boot Disc, Final Version 3.0. 66739.

Any other sources use the same leaked files as above : mkisofs timestamp: mar 9 02:19:20 2003

The bleemcast betas were locked to specific dc consoles.

The different colors of the leaked betas are they different ? the consensus remains they're the same. but, I still don't even understand rand's answer to the question???

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13370&start=10#p134493

He still does not answer if they were different builds???

He refers to them as locked to specific consoles.

I need a definite answer.
Are they different builds?

or just betas locked to specific dc consoles to stop a leak of the software??

I went along with the answer as myth destroyed but unless stated that they're not different builds, I still remain uncertain.

*basically I went with megavolt's opinion about the bleem beta colors.

And either way its ok, it would be nice to have a definite answer to the question.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#274 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:12 am

It's not possible to share with hil, the good isos and Ask him to extract the "true" bleem! ? ^^

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#275 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:27 am

fafadou wrote:It's not possible to share with hil, the good isos and Ask him to extract the "true" bleem! ? ^^

fafadou you're a good dude, I always appreciate you.
It would be nice to get something, but as each day goes by I think its never going to happen.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#276 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:02 pm

SMiTH wrote:
fafadou wrote:It's not possible to share with hil, the good isos and Ask him to extract the "true" bleem! ? ^^

fafadou you're a good dude, I always appreciate you.

Oh thank you for those nice words, I think the same about you for sure :)

SMiTH wrote:It would be nice to get something, but as each day goes by I think its never going to happen.

I'm agree with you, but who knows, one day maybe...

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#277 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:45 pm

fafadou wrote:I'm agree with you, but who knows, one day maybe...

It has been 20+ years, I think its done.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#278 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:06 pm

Real extracted Heartbreak Diary MILCD ip.bin (not a copied hex data version)
Next up is ip.bin from miltemp bleem beta (not a copied hex data version)

Thanks to darc for his Redump2CDI tool.
:)
Attachments
HeartBreakIPBIN.zip
(8.54 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#279 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:25 am

Wow, congratulations! Now let's figure out how to dump the 3 retails

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#280 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:58 pm

Japanese cake still exists, it has never been reported to be in business again.