The 2DC - Sega Dreamcast Portable

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ian Micheal
Developer

The 2DC - Sega Dreamcast Portable

Post#1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:00 am

Hi i found this on youtube it's really cool using the real dreamcast hardware..

I have nothing todo with this project i just found it cool thought i share if you had not seen it

Sneku
shadow

Re: The 2DC - Sega Dreamcast Portable

Post#2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:57 pm

That's awesome! I love the idea of the built-in VMU and the 2DS form factor is a clever choice. Definitely one of the most impressive portable conversions I've seen.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#3 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Cool! That guy definitely got da skills. Congrats to him, for being able to make that. :D
But one thing though, if it were me, I'd prefer a bigger screen. :D

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 am

epic dreamcast portable.

NightBreeze
fire

Post#5 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:32 am

I was amazed by how it can still work after cutting so much of the PCB away! Form factor isn't quite to my taste, but it's an epic mod nonetheless.

retrobunny
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Wow that looks cool. The design is maybe a bit squarish and the backside seems not too comfortable for hands but still would be nice to have.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#7 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:30 am

Cool now I want a 3DS style lol

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#8 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:01 am

Every time I see one of these, all I can think of is "Poor console that had so much of its functionality taken away."

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:02 am

Tarnish wrote:Every time I see one of these, all I can think of is "Poor console that had so much of its functionality taken away."

This comment. :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:08 am

Tarnish wrote:Every time I see one of these, all I can think of is "Poor console that had so much of its functionality taken away."

normal i would agree but this has far more function then a normal dreamcast the added battery loading of games not from gdemu but fac mmc storage and other things..

I like this as a non portable