The 2DC - Sega Dreamcast Portable

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: The 2DC - Sega Dreamcast Portable

Post#11 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:10 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Tarnish wrote:Every time I see one of these, all I can think of is "Poor console that had so much of its functionality taken away."

normal i would agree but this has far more function then a normal dreamcast the added battery loading of games not from gdemu but fac mmc storage and other things..

I like this as a non portable

Does it have a VMU screen? No.

Does it have rumble? No.

Can it be plugged onto a TV? No.

Can it be played in multiplayer? No.

Can it be used online? No.

Can the various accessories be used on it? No.

Apparently the analog triggers are now just digital buttons.

That's quite a lot of functionality taken away if you ask me, just to have the convinience to gawk at a tiny screen and wonder when will the battery run out while holding a quite chunky 'portable'.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: The 2DC - Sega Dreamcast Portable

Post#12 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:38 am

Vmu screen are now in it others you got a point :) on his website does have mmc we dont have that yet